36.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

36

"And then they just started attacking each other!" I was telling Jen what happened at dinner. It was Monday and we all went out to lunch.

"Are you serious?! That's hilarious! So they really are sisters?"

"Yeah."

"Isn't that weird?"

"No. Janet has never been my mom and I don't even know her."

"True."

The boys weren't here, they were getting our food.

"So this is really exciting that you and Ashton are getting married!"

"I know!"

"Did you get any weird looks today?"

"Oh yeah. I raised my hand in first period and everyone was staring at my ring after that, but I wore it proudly."

"Good girl. So did you get your cap and gown?"

"Yeah. I'm so afraid I'm going to trip!"

"You'll be fine! Don't worry! What are your plans for summer?"

"Well I've been talking to Theresa and she's determined to find my biological mom. She's been making calls and doing research every once in a while and once she finds her, she said we're taking a trip."

"Oh that's cool!"

"Yeah, you want to come?" I said laughing.

"Yeah!"

"Alright. Emily, Ashton, and Jim want to come too. It'll be a fun trip! Would Ryan want to come?"

"I can ask him. I'm sure he won't mind if I'm there." She said winking.

I laughed then the boys got back with our food.

We talked, laughed, and ate until we finally had to go back to class.

~*~

*2 weeks later*

"Are you ready?"

"I'm going to fall!"

"Calm down Brooke!" Ashton wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me.

"Okay, okay. I'm calm!" I said. I adjust my cap and took a deep breath.

Graduation day. We all went and took our seats and waited as each of our names were called. Obviously I'm close to last with my name being Winters and all. Maybe I should have married Ashton sooner. Than I could at least sit next to him and rid myself of the stress sooner.

"Ashton Patterson!" There was an eruption of cheers. He was the star quarterback after all. I even caught myself cheering.

After a while I got really bored when I startled back to attention when my name was called. I quickly got up and started my way up to the stage. I got on stage, I got my diploma. I was almost home free when my toe stuck to the ground, and down I went. I ended up also falling off the stage. I got back up and adjusted myself. I felt that my ankle was suffering a little, but I pretended like I was fine. "I'm okay!" Everyone cheered and I took my place next to everyone. There were only a couple people left then they took a class picture and we cheered.

High School is over.

I found Ashton and he gave me a big hug. "Congratulations!"

"Don't put me down!" I begged. My ankle was killing me!

"Why?"

"I think I sprained my ankle when I fell off the stage."

"Great job." He said rolling his eyes.