34.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

34

"So where do you want it?" She asked excitedly.

"Um...I don't know, but I want it small."

"Okay what about your dress?"

"I don't know. "

"Decorations?"

"I don't know!" I said putting my face in my hands.

"Brooke! I'm sorry we're just so excited."

"Mom, Emily, please stop harassing Brooke. The wedding isn't going to happen for a while." He grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

"Thank you." I said laughing.

"Of course my dear."

"So what's on the agenda?"

"Well aren't you a bit uncomfortable in that bathing suit?"

"Yeah a little, do you have some clothes I can borrow?"

"Oh, yeah I guess."

"What was I supposed to wear?"

"Nothing."

I turned bright red, and as a natural reaction I hit him. He just laughed. "Aw the little tough girl is embarrassed!"

"I am not!"

"Yes you are." He said kissing my cheek.

"Stop being a jerk." My cheeks were flaming by that point.

"You can borrow a t-shirt and boxers again." He said laughing.

We walked into his room and he gave me the clothes. I got my own clothes and went to the bathroom the change. I came out and there was Tyler. "Hello." I said. I was hoping to not have a repeat incident of when Henry attacked me.

"Have you done it with my brother yet?"

I sincerely did not see that coming. "Excuse me?!"

"I'm just wondering because I mean you both have been together for a long time and I know he hasn't cheated on you."

"I don't think that's any of your business Tyler."

"Sorry. I was just curious."

I laughed. "Well since you're wondering, no we haven't done anything."

"Why?"

"What?"

"Why are you holding out on him?"

"I don't know. I guess I just don't want to be another one of his whores."

"He asked you to marry him! Isn't that a clue that you'll not be?"

"I'm just worried okay. I don't want to do anything with him then he gets up and leaves. It'll be hard enough if he leaves now."

"So that's what you're worried about? Brooke, Ashton would never leave you. If there's a word that goes higher than in love, that's what he is. He cares more about you than himself."

"I know! Okay! And I do too, but you're making this out to be like it's my entire fault!"

"Uh...because it is."

"He's not going to die if I don't have sex with him. Jeez!"

I stomped away from him. Way to make me feel awkward Tyler!

If people tell me to do something, I have the tendency to not do it in spite of them, but this is different. Can I just say I'm not comfortable? No, I'm more comfortable with Ashton than anyone. Shit! Why then?