13.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

13

*Brooke's POV*

I walked inside to see my parents sitting at the table, completely straight with tea cups from some far off country in their hands and enjoying some hot tea. Typical.

My mother turned and saw me. "Hello dear." She said in her fake accent. It's so pathetic, she tries to sound all foreign and shit.

"Hi mom. What are you both doing here? And I see you've been working on your crappy British accent. It only sounds a little fake now."

"Well we thought it's been a while since we were home and thought we would take a trip here. And it is not fake."

"How long are you going to be here?"

"Maybe two weeks. We don't know. Don't worry we'll get out of your hair soon enough."

"Perfect. Then you can go back to being bad parents!" I said out of impulse.

"Brookelyn! That was completely unacceptable!" My dad yelled.

"It may be unacceptable, but it's true." I said matter-of-factly.

"Do you want to be grounded? We've only been here a couple of hours!"

"Yeah that's a record isn't it?!"

"Brookelyn!"

"Don't call me that!" I screamed.

"That is your name young lady."

"I know, but no one calls me that but you both and that's why I hate it."

"That is extremely rude."

"What a surprise right?" I said sarcastically. "I mean since I'm the loud, mean, sarcastic child! Monica is just too afraid to say what she thinks!"

"Monica is perfectly fine! You are a horrible girl!"

"Fine! I'll take it!"

"Brooke has a boyfriend!" Monica screamed. We all stopped and stared at her. That traitor.

"What?" My mom asked. "A boy was willing to be with this girl? Is he ugly?"

"No he's not actually." I said crossing my arms. My mom is has broken my last nerve a long time ago. I'm doing everything in my power not to do something too rash.

"Is he dumb? I mean what person would put up with her?" She said chuckling. You can probably tell my mom and I don't have the greatest relationship.

"You know mom you always say what a bad child I am, well newsflash! You raised me. Oh wait no you left Monica and I so you're just a horrid mother all around." I said shrugging and smiling sarcastically.

"I want to meet this boy. What is his name?"

"Ashton."

"Tell him to come over tomorrow." She said directly.

"No mom. I would rather him not meet you or dad." My dad was still drinking his tea quietly.

"Brookelyn. Bring him here tomorrow. That is final." She walked away.

She is such a mean spiteful woman just because he made a mistake and now is stuck with my dad for life. That mistake? Monica, then me. Great parents right?

I ran up to my room and screamed into my pillow. Then I texted Ashton to come over tomorrow then I punched my pillow. Now you understand why I'm the way I am. I have crappy parents.

I heard a knock on my door and Monica came in. "Hey Brooke can we talk?"

"No." I glared. I was really pissed at her.