5.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

**Okay just as pre-warning this chapter shows her real personality. The last couple of chapters didn't show it well enough i figured so i really brought it out in this one. Tell me what you think! By the way this chapter has a title just to give you an idea lol ;P**

~The Issue Of The Atrocious Booger~

5

I walked in thinking it was safe, and I was going to make a break for my room when the spiny recliner in the living room spun around and she was there. Her arms were crossed and she wore a scowl on her face.

"Where were you?"

"No where."

"Why did a boy answer your phone and say you were 'busy'?" She said with little air quotes.

"Monica relax. Nothing happened. I just needed a ride home."

"You should have been home forty five minutes ago. What were you two doing? And who is this boy?"

"Seriously?"

"Yes."

I sighed, "His name is Ashton and we were.....talking."

"By talking do you mean having sex?!" She said getting up.

"God no! Monica calm down!" God she always overreacts.

She took a deep breath. "Why was your breathing so raspy? Hmm?"

"My god! Calm down! Just because you take care of me because mom and dad are always gone doesn't mean you can go all momish on me."

"Yes it does! I'm your legal guardian!"

"I'm seventeen for goodness sakes!"

"Yes which means you aren't a legal adult yet!"

"In three months I will be!"

"Do you live in my house?"

I didn't say anything. "Then you live under my rules."

"Monica nothing happened. Seriously. My car got TP'd so I had to get a ride from Ashton."

"Who was it TP'd by?"

"I'm not sure but I'm going to find out tomorrow."

"Well until it's cleaned and back here you're grounded. I'll drive you to school tomorrow."

"Monica. Ashton can drive me. Don't you have work?"

"Yes, but I'm never late so one day won't matter."

"Don't be ridiculous! I'll walk okay?!"

"Fine. But if I find out you were late you're going to be grounded even longer."

I scowled and just stomped upstairs. She's so ridiculous sometimes. She's trying to hard to be the replacement parent. If our parents were here they would be way more trusting and understanding.

I sat on my bed and started my homework. After a little while I got a text message.

I didn't recognize the number, but it was obvious who it was from.

'To Bitch (a.k.a my freaky girlfriend):

Howd it go wit the sis?'

I saved the number as 'Number 1 asshole in my heart' and replied. 'Awful. She jumpd to conclusions and now I hav to walk to school.'

'Ouch'

'yeah'

'I can pick you up.'

'If she sees me with you I'll get in trouble.'