30.What Happens When The Lights Go Out

*Hi! Just to let you know this chapter has a lot of POV changes so keep up with that. Also the song on the side is currently my favorite song. It changes from time to time. =D Hope you like this chapter. If you want a hint, there's puking. ;P (that's a weird hint i know.)**

30

I was now nicely tucked in at Jen's house. After Monica and I explained everything (once I was done with my excessive crying) they all decided it was best if I didn't go back, so Jen offered to let me stay the night. I felt so bad because I caused so much drama for everyone, but they assured me that they love me so much all they want is me to be happy.

You know it's kind of weird, before I met Ashton I did have friends, but I hated my sister and the only friend I had who loved me was Jen. I really never gave much thought to it, but no one really loved me. I suppose my father did in his own screwy way, but I don't really count him yet. I guess I owe Ashton a whole hell of a lot. I'm just dealing with me on a daily basis has to be a taxing job, but he's cared for me, been there for me, and loves me. That's way more than I could ever ask for. There's one thing that's been at the back of my head for a while though, in about two months school is out. That means leaving. That means colleges far away from each other. I've kept it at the back of my head, but bit by bit it's eating away at me. But we won't deal with that right now.

While I was still sitting on that bench with everyone surrounding me and I started crying the first thing they did was simply hug me. Ashton pulled me onto his lap in his arms. Theresa rubbed my back soothingly. Jen came over and hugged me and we all sat there listening to my sobbing. Once I began to calm down we explained everything, yada yada yada. Ashton was a little shocked, but he said that he assumed that because Janet and I looked nothing alike and I barely looked like my dad.

So being at Jen's was kind of nice. We haven't talked in a while. While I was lying on her couch she came and sat on the ground next to me. "So what are you going to do?"

"About?"

"Your real mother."

"Well, I've been thinking about that and I think when I'm older I'll hire someone to find her. But I'm afraid."

"You? Afraid?"

"What if she doesn't like me?"

*Jen's POV*

When she asked me that my heart broke. She looked like a little girl, not the tough badass Brooke I know. It was especially heartbreaking when she burst into tears on the bench. I have never seen that girl, unless you count laughing so hard she was crying. So obviously I had to assume something was super wrong for her to cry. Also it was in front of so many people! That's what shocked me. I have known her my whole life and that was the first time I've seen her cry. But once she told me the reason I'm surprised she didn't start crying sooner.

"Brooke, how can she not like you? I'm look at all the people you've won over in the past couple of months!"

"What if she's different?"

"You're her daughter. She's biologically connected to you, so she has to love you." I said chuckling.

"So listen, tomorrow there's a fair about forty five minutes away from here that came to town and you and Ashton should come."

"I love fairs."

"I know sweetie. Now get some sleep. You've had an exhausting day. And we're going to go tomorrow."

"I'm not a child."

"Whatever you say."

She stuck her tongue out at me and I laughed as I turned the lights off, leaving a night light on especially for her.