Cleril (2)

Author's notes: IM SORRY MY LAST CLERIL DIDNT SATISFY U HERE

"So Queen Ruby slash Tourmaline broke Scarlet's neck and now she's dead so I don't think there's anything to worry about." Peril bit her lip, nervously shuffling her feet against the floor.

The orange and red dragons all around her looked very relieved, their faces written with half-joy and gratefulness. "Well, she's finally gone," One of them, an orange SkyWing, chirped, his wings drooping down as he sighed happily.

They swarmed put of the room, immersed in a pool of chatter until there was a certain brown dragon left.

"So, that was really reassuring." Clay said, fidgeting. His big brown eyes, like dried leaves, stared into hers, and Peril found herself paralyzed, unable to move under the gaze of Clay.

"I hope it was, now that Queen Ruby needs to restore order into the Kingdom. Also, she allowed me to freely roam in the Sky Palace again, so I think that's a good thing?" Peril looked up, her scales smelling like charred smoke. "Anyway, Queen Ruby wanted to assure you that you could keep the Jade Academy running and you're doing a great job I think."

"That's nice." Clay smiled, and Peril's heart began to pick up its rapid pace, palpitating faster than ever before.

"Oh. Um. Thanks." Peril answered, her mouth dry. She didn't know what to say next. After all, she already talked about what she needed to talk about. Didn't she?

Clay suddenly spread his warm wings around her in a welcoming embrace, and Peril felt a strange jolt spark across her chest. Her face was seemingly glowing, little cactus bombs exploding in her heart.

"Thanks. For telling me. For telling us." Clay said, his scales written with afterburns from Peril. His fireproof scales knitted over the injury completely, revealing his unblemished body. He pulled apart, sheepishly smiling, and Peril felt her heart race again.

This was unbelievably short.

Lol this is the end idk why you guys were so mad at me I'm perfectly innocent. Just look at me. What could I possibly do?