Sunnyspeaker

Her scales were shifting galaxies that she could dive into, fly around and swim across the starlike silver scales.

Her horns were like smooth ebony ivory, shiny and gleaming and perfect, like streaking comets in the distant night sky.

Her claws carved silver-white crescents, gorgeous curved light bent to shape her talons.

In the shining light, she was like an onyx gemstone, dark and glittering like the last piece of precious ore in a room filled with hope and possibility.

Then again, possibility wasn't there for Sunny.

Not like it was. Fatespeaker was already there with Starflight, after all. Sunny realized that when Fatespeaker fussed over him, she would get a distinct burning sense of jealousy, engulfing her in its flames. She thought it was because she liked Starflight too, but then realized it was because she liked Fatespeaker.

That was hard to take in.

Then there was the wedding. It was short- but excruciatingly painful for Sunny to attend. She had to, anyway, to give her thanks and blessings, although she didn't have any to give. To see Fatespeaker walk down the aisle with her silver gown with sparkles of black should've been a gift from heaven, but remembering Starflight already replaced Sunny was all the more nauseous to the thought for her.

She knew there were two dragons who were in the same position as her: Clay and Umber. Both fell for someone who already had another particular dragon they liked in their life. Which was unfair.

Unfair.

Sunny looked down, her tail trailing the puddle of red.

The glimpse of Starflight on the floor, red staining black like the lava that splattered at the volcanic island, was enough to convince her that Fatespeaker would never have anyone to love except for her.

Sunny glanced up for a moment, her lungs feeling like it was being submerged in cement, and her talons loosened.

The knife clattered to the floor, and Sunny left to wipe her bloodstained talons.

Then again, was anything fair in the first place?