Arcticslayer (2)

Was it bad?

Her mind clouded with thoughts that filled up her head and left her almost nothing to think about except for Arctic, Arctic, Arctic.

Their house was tall and polished and brand new, bad ever since their first argument, the house was now a vast room filled with debate and anger, sheltered and kept away in secret by a single roof.

"I thought you didn't like the Ice Kingdom!" Foeslayer burst out, her wings jerking up, almost bumping the ceiling. "You shouldn't have mentioned your hate for the NightWings, you shouldn't even do that in your supposedly enemy's territory. But wait, no, the IceWings are your enemies, so I don't get why you suddenly love them so much."

"I don't love them! I'm just saying that the NightWings ought to have better battle planning ideas, not sitting there spouting absolutely ridiculous suggestions to the Queen!" Arctic argued. "The IceWings would've gotten a better solution!"

"Well, if you love your ICE KINGDOM so MUCH," Foeslayer yelled, her anger rising. "Why don't you just go to your STUPID TRIBE ALREADY?"

Deadly silence filled the air, and suddenly a small whimper came from the corner.

The two dragons snapped their head to the side, and what was before them was the more prominent hybrid they had- Whiteout, she remembered, and her mind suddenly chimed with guilt and regret. Their dragonets were only less than a year old- and they were suffering so much already.

Darkstalker bared his teeth, standing protectively in front of Whiteout, his wings spreading out like a scary tiger moth.

Foeslayer felt another flood of guilt hit her, making her heart ache with apology and shuddering sympathy. She walked slowly over to the two small dragonets, wrapping her wings around them.

Foeslayer glanced at Arctic. The chilly IceWing's eyes were still dormant with fury and resentment, but a hint of guilt, just a little bit, lingered in his gaze.

"Apologize." Foeslayer said to him, and unfurled her wings to reveal the tiny ball of two hugging dragonets. "Please." She added.

Arctic shot one last piercing gaze at them all, and stalked out of the room, his tail sweeping the floor with a clatter of spikes.

"Fine! Be the one that ignores me!" Foeslayer called, her breath huffing with frustration. Arctic was supposed to be a father, not acting like some stubborn dragonet.

Darkstalker settled gently into his mother's warmth, and Whiteout's tears quickly slowed to a stop. Foeslayer sighed, and stood up. The two dragonets peered up at her with innocent-looking eyes, but Foeslayer already knew Darkstalker could read her mind.

Sorry, littlest ones.

She went into the room which Arctic disappeared into, and glanced one last glimpse of her dragonets before heading inside.