Sunnyflight

Starflight was still two years old when he first found out the symptoms of liking someone.

A heat, balling and wrapping up in his chest and spreading like wildfire.

A plague, a disease infecting him like a sweet illness, choking his words and making his heart thump against his ribcage like a resounding drum, vibrations shuddering through his wings and legs and talons.

A sickness that couldn't be cured.

A longing thought of her over death, after being blinded by the volcanic eruption of the island.

An embracing warm, lingering heat emanating from her scales, a source of love and care he sought, a sweet voice he knew that was melodic to his ears.

Her startling green eyes. Her twisting horns, her golden, shining scales. Starflight didn't know how much she changed but he didn't care, he didn't care at all.

Sunny was the epitome of loving and accepting and peace that she brought upon others. She always had a way of solving problems, of dealing with things perfectly.

A flickering flame that burst his entire life into light, even if it was dark, even if it was blind, even if the world was scary and dangerous he knew Sunny was there. She always was.

Starflight was seven years old when he first found out the symptoms of loving someone.