Darksight

Was the world ever cruel?

It was. It was a gigantic, looming ravenous monster that threatened to reach out its arms to steal the ones he loved.

Or maybe it was when the world stole his mother.

It shattered one big piece of his life. The house was full of fun and life and care and hope all filled up by her. Foeslayer was the one that taught her son the meaning of kindness. Foeslayer was the one that taught him no matter what went wrong, no matter what happened, you would need to keep fighting. As long as you made an effort, it mattered.

Or maybe it was that time Whiteout disappeared.

The house was already dull and isolated from the warmth of his mother. Now his very sister, the one that looked at him so intently with those striking blue eyes like shards of frozen sapphires. The one that accept him no matter how imperfect or powerful he was. The one that actually treated him like a normal dragon, not like some deity or god. She treated him like he...he was her brother.

Or when the world took his scroll.

His only source of power that he created. It aided him in times of loss, times of hope, when times were still bright and Clearsight still believed in the bright futures ahead no matter the dark futures or the difficult obstacles. There was a time when his world was filled with so much life, with friends and family surrounding him, or when he was flying with Clearsight by the fields, racing each other and laughing when one beat the other.

Or when the world took him.

It took him, it stretched out its dark, dark talons and sealed him from his life, his consciousness, his everything. Even when Clearsight was there, he believed everything was still alright. They would get together and have a nice marriage, have six dragonets and have a nice house.

It was all so simple back then, two NightWings and a SeaWing, all with huge hopes and big dreams.

And then he woke up, up, up into the darkness that shrouded him, with rocky surroundings all around him-

The world had took Clearsight, away, away, far, far, away from him, all the way from before, two thousand years ago.

Through all the dark times, when Clearsight was there, she was still the shining possibility. Shining hope. The bright light in his life, brighter than all the stars that they would point out when they went stargazing, brighter than the three full moons that granted him immense power, brighter than the fire that he held inside his heart when he was near Clearsight.

When the world took her away from him, he truly believed that the world was cruel.