Cleril

His leg served as a constant reminder as when he was bitten by the venomous snake, and Peril saved him.

He remembered it- the venom spreading quickly and painfully. His arms and legs were thrashing about, and yet his muscles were frigid, like a shock that paralyzed him to death. Invisible claws of pain raked through him, his leg hurting the most.

Then he felt the unbearable warmth, but this time it wasn't the sand or the heat that the Kingdom of Sand radiated.

It seared through his scales, and while the pain wracked through him, his eyes caught the glimpse of red scales and fire.

Peril.

Then her claws plunged into his thigh, scraping skin and flesh and bones against the searing agony that blasted his whole senses. He screamed his pain into the choking air, talons and claws pinning him to the sand and his tail beat against the ground violently.

And then the pain stopped, Clay stopped, and he sank into the comforting wings of unconsciousness that folded over him.

That day, he feared Peril. He was scared, he was scared of her and her scales and her and everything about her.

The pain that shot through his body and pierced his nerves- was also the one thing that saved his life.

Peril had hidden herself out of fear that she would bump into Clay (not that he would die anyways) and he would hate her for what she did.

And Clay did. Peril hurt him, she knew it did, and now she caused the limp in his leg that would last for his whole entire life.

But after years of avoiding and ignoring, he realized that Peril had saved him, had did this for his own good.

But then by the time he arrived, tried to say sorry, attempted to apologize, he couldn't, he just couldn't.

Now he watched as Peril walked cautiously on the aisle, her eyes darting nervously and her tail sweeping behind her in a drifting, floating way. Her wings folded behind her safely, careful not to set anything on fire.

Then her eyes landed on him, and her entire face lit up as if there were illuminating SeaWing stripes on her face.

Clay took a step forward, trying to get closer, but then Sunny grabbed his arm.

"Clay," Sunny said, her talons smoothing over the flowers she was carrying. "You're the groomsdragon. You're supposed to stay behind the carpet."

"Oh," Clay said, his voice lost. "Oh, okay."

Peril's eyes stayed where they were, on the green dragon that stood patiently and eagerly on the stage.

Then Peril brushed her wings against the other dragon's, his scales protected by magic he was born with.

Turtle grinned nervously at Peril, and their eyes met, wide and unblinking.

Then they met for a kiss, and Clay looked away, his heart feeling worse than the time Peril had sank his talons onto him.

You had your chance, Clay.

I hope you're happy with him.