Starspeaker

Fatespeaker flew to the mountains, as jittery as ever. Wingbeats flapped behind her as they passed the cliffs, small, tiny jagged dots of canyons lined on the landscape beneath them.

"Starlight!" She called, her wings spreading as wide as they could go. The sun shone through them, reflecting silver and purple and black.

"Isn't this great?! I always thought this would be a great home!" She peered down, the mountains jutting its peaks to the cloudy sky.

"It really is," Starflight smiled, his eyes opening to his surroundings. Ever since Anemone healed his blindness, he was able to see again. Fatespeaker would never forget the time when he opened his eyes the first time in a year, and new emotions and swimming light shone in them.

They stayed like that for a moment, hovering in the air, the wind ripping across the river that trickled through the rocky plains.

"Let's fly down," Fatespeaker suggested, her face full of delight and wonder. She was so happy to have this moment with him, to finally be together with the one dragon she loved most.

Several thumps landed behind them as Starflight and Fatespeaker reached the ground, their talons scraping the uneven ground.

"I smell wolves," Starflight grinned. "And there's plenty of plants here to pick fruits from. This is a great place."

"It is!" Fatespeaker beamed. Her heart fluttered like the butterflies in the rainforest, scattering around in bits of here and there.

Then a small dragonet peeked in, her face round and innocent, much like Starflight's. Her underscales, however, were black with hints of purple, inherited from Fatespeaker.

"Mommy, are we gonna live here?" Her wide eyes searched the plains, and then she promptly decided to dive into the river.

"Victory!" Fatespeaker ran to her daughter, who was busy frolicking around in the running river. Gosh, that dragonet was going to catch a cold.

"Fish!" She yelped and splashed water everywhere, showers of droplets landing all around her in a chaotic wave.

"Fish fish fish fish." Victory grappled at the water, before a slip of gray tail slid from her talons. "Fish."

"Victory, what did Mommy say about playing in the water?" Fatespeaker hauled her dragonet from the freezing river, droplets of water flinging across her scales.

"Nuh-uh," Victory said indignantly, crossing her arms stubbornly. "This is river. Not water."

"Starflight, help me out here," Fatespeaker shot Starflight a frustrated look, but he stood there, his body unmoving as if he was just too lazy to bother with a screaming dragonet.

Another small NightWing poked his snout into his father's wings, then wobbled over, his wings akimbo. His tail flopped to the left, and he toppled to the ground, and he stayed there as if he'd already experienced this many times and did not want to go through the pain of walking upright again anymore.

"Noot noot." He blurted, got up, and fell face flat onto the ground again.

"That's all Sympathy ever says! What does 'noot' even mean?!" Fatespeaker huffed, and hurried to help the other dragonet up by pulling his talon together with hers.

Starflight looked like he was trying hard not to laugh.

Finally, when they got the dragonets in what one would say "mildly agreeable state", Starflight began constructing the caves and roofs to shelter them for the night.

"A new house," Fatespeaker said, satisfied.

Starflight chuckled.

"A new home."