Chapter 18

"Sunny." Her mom said, "this man here said he's the owner of this cafe. Do you have something you want to tell us?"

"You too son, you have something you want  to tell your mom and me too?"

Sunny and I look at each other and back at our parents.

We both give them a guilty smile and quickly ran out of the cafe but fail as my dad grabbed the both of us by the collar.

"Where do you think you two are going?" He ask.

He let go of us and we both face them. As we stand next to each other, I felt like we were kids who got in trouble and are waiting to get disciplined by their parents.

"We'll explain." Sunny said, "but first, let me talk to jimin first."

She drag me my the sleeve and we both went outside.

"You explain the situation to your parents, I'll explain it to my parents okay?" She said.

"Okay." I said.

"But, don't tell them about me being a fairy." She said.

"I got it." I said, "are you going to tell your parents about you being a fairy though?"

"I guess so. They're my parents, I have to tell them the truth." She said.

"Okay." I said, "lets go in."

As we both went back into the cafe, sunny walk toward her parents and take them to the back while I sit at one of the table with my parents.

"First, I'm sorry." I said, "sunny told her parents that she opened a cafe in busan when she's actually attending a college in Seoul. Her parents didn't have money for sunny to attend college so she saved up some money and go to college without her parents knowing. She didn't want to worry her parents about having to save up money to attend school because what parents would want to hear that? Parents would get upset when they found out they didn't have money for their kid to attend college and the kid have to go through many part time job to get money for college so that's why she didn't want to tell her parents. I mean if I were to say that to you guys, you guys would be heart broken as well."

Well, yes, I did sorta lied.. I mean she said I can't expose her "fairy" secret so this is the best I can do.

"If that's really what's going on, you should've just told us." Mom said, "but I thought she was just your neighbor, you guys actually attend college together?"

"Yeah." I replied.

"Do you.. like her?? " mom ask.

"Yeah-- I mean no no." I said, "I thought you were saying something else."

"Anyways, if that's the case, I'm glad my son found someone he want to help and maybe that someone might be our daughter in law one day." Dad said.

"What?!" I ask.

"You just said you like her." Dad said.

"When did I?" I ask.

"Don't play dumb, son. We heard it loud and clear." Dad said.

"By the way, don't you and mom have something you guys want to talk about?" I ask.

"What?" Dad ask.

"Hmm I don't know. What happened earlier dad? Mom rushed out of the restaurant.." I said reminding them of what happened earlier. I know I'm a bad son, reminding them of the fight when they seem to had make up but I need to distract them from the "jimin liking a girl" situation.