Chapter 93: Poisoned Love

Start from the beginning

"Yea, I'll be right over," I said, hanging up, and looking over at Callie.

"What's wrong?"

"Savannah is sick and Tony is going out... Will you be alright if I go over there for a little while?"

She looked down at her plate and forced an unconvincing smile, "Yeah... thats fine"

I could tell she was upset, but I needed to go take care of Savannah.

"I'm sorry," I insisted, "Look, maybe you can go with Tony? I'm sure he wouldn't mind—"

"Yeah," she smiled, "and maybe it was a bad idea for me to come with you... Obviously I was stupid to think there was any room in your heart for anyone other than Savannah."

I stood up and walked towards the door, "You weren't the stupid one, you're genuinely perfect... I was the stupid one to think I could ever stop loving her..."

Callie walked over to me and kissed my cheek.

"I understand... True love is a hard thing to come by," she smiled sweetly and tears fell from her eyes, "It was fun while it lasted—"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means I'll be leaving to go back to my son as soon as possible, but thank you for this opportunity... it was an amazing pleasure."

She walked away, and I stood at the door for a few minutes, contemplating on whether to stay or go. I took one last long look down the hall, and turned around to open the door. Savannah and I may have had our differences, but she still meant more to me than anything imaginable.

As I shut the door behind myself, I felt immense guilt rush through my body, but I knew in my heart that what I was doing was right. I walked across the hall, knocked on the door, and was greeted by tony.

"Hey man, thanks for coming, I was just leaving—"

"No problem... Tell Ryan I said I'll see him tomorrow"

"Ok," he said cheerfully, patting me on the back, "You sure you're alright with this?"

"Yeah," I smiled, "Not a problem at all."

Tony nodded and walked past me, "She's in the bedroom... I dont know what's wrong with her, but she doesn't look good... Have fun with that!"

I walked into the hotel room and closed the door, immediately making my way to the bedroom where Savannah was located.

"Oh wow, you do look terrible..."

Savannah looked at me and put a pillow over her face.

"I told Tony not to call you!"

"Why?" I smiled, "Don't want me seeing you all hot and sweaty? Trust me, I've seen it before—"

"Shut up," she laughed moving the pillow from her face, and carefully getting out of the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"To throw up in the restroom, do you want to come watch or something?"