Eleven

Grayson Fitzgerald

    My name is Grayson Fitzgerald Maxwell, 30 years of age. I am currently the CEO and holds about 85% of shares of Spectrum,a conglomerate that rivals the likes of GE and Berkshire Hathaway. I am one of the top 20 richest men in the world and a lot might say that I have it all.

    Though most people think that it was handed over to me, it was a fucking wreck to begin with. I've killed people, worked hard and played hard to get where I am now, and I would do it all over again...just to stay on top. There's nothing stopping me from fulfilling my own order of things. I am the fucking devil, for Satan's sake.

    I thought the rush, the surge of adrenaline and the satisfaction that I get whenever I acquire a certain property is the best damn feeling in the world. Well, it was the best damn feeling...until now.

   "Sir, okay na po. Napalitan ko na siya ng pantulog, kaso maliit yung mga nasa suite ni Ms. Selene." Agad akong napatayo mula sa pagkakaupo sa couch ng lumabas na ang isa sa mga chambermaids ng Tentarice.

    "It's fine. Thank you. Please make sure that the nurse that I summoned comes here quickly." I dismissed her and started walking towards my room.

    Napabuga ako ng malakas na hangin habang nakatayo na sa may pintuan. Kahit tulog, fuck. Napakamot ako sa ulo ng hindi pa din makapaniwala. Ofcourse I am not fucking seeing things. Thea is really sleeping on my bed. Fucking finally, for once I am sure that I have done something right in my life. I just wish I made a move years before like what my sister hoped that I'd do.

    I'll tell her everything that she wants to know once she's well. Alam kong pakiramdam niya ay pinaglalaruan ko siya at gagawin ko ang makakaya para hindi niya ito maramdaman ulit. I hate the fact that up to now, Ella Serene dú Pont is still messing with my life. With my mother, most especially. Kailangan ko na siyang maalis sa buhay naming lahat para makapag-simula na ako ulit kasama si Thea—and this is if she will let me be with her. Makakapaghintay naman ako kahit gaano katagal. I won't ever let her out of mysight again, this is my perpetual promise to myself. Hahabulin at hahabulin ko siya hanggang sa magpahuli na siya saakin. I think that moment will be the most beautiful thing for a devil like me.

    Thea owns me, and I don't think she has the slightest clue about it.

    Lumapit ako ng tahimik sa tapat ng higaan at pinagmasdan ang nakakunot niyang noo at natutulog na mukha. I bet she won't believe that it's a love at first sight for me kahit idetalye ko pa. She is not the shallow type and that's one thing that I love about her.

    I first saw Thea seven years ago at a local coffee shop near Columbia University where I was taking a bachelor's degree in Mathematics..but I won't tell her that for now. She'd think I'm an obsessed maniac. Natawa ako ng walang tunog, because I am—obsessed with her. Takot lang talaga ako sa iisipin niya, I don't want her to get scared of me.

    I sat at the corner of the bed as I start to vividly remember that cold Saturday morning. I've been reviewing the numbers for the fallen Maxwell Empire when she passed by my table. I'm not easily distracted, but she is like this bright ray of sunshine that summoned me to look up and close my laptop. Nahagip ng ilong ko ang amoy niya, a mixture of lavender and citrus, which I eventually found out months after that it's one of Allure's top selling perfume. Madaming kaamoy kung tutuusin, but on her it smells much more appealing.

    There's nothing special about the way she was dressed that time, simpleng itim na shorts and I could guess that there was nothing underneath the grey Columbia University hoodie that she was wearing. Her her was tied up in a messy bun, but those biker boots that she was wearing had me standing up and following her towards the customer line.