Don't Control Him (F)

These chapters will be more on Jimin's past and his relationship with Jihee and Jin.

I stand alone at the playground as I bounce my ball. His voice comes into my head again.

He tells me to go over and push Hoshi off the slide. Or to kick sand in Jeonghan's face who's playing in the sandbox.

I tell him no.

He gets angry and calls me mean names. Then I start crying.

Suddenly, an adult taps my shoulder. I look up at him and he takes his thumb, and wipes away my tears. "Why are you crying little one?"

I only stare at him as the voice in my head comes back and tells me to run away.

I hate his voice. It never goes away.

I feel the tears form in my eyes again, then suddenly I'm engulfed into a hug.

"Hey, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just wanted to see if I could help you feel better."

"W-Why would you want to help me? You don't even know my name."

"Well I actually do know that at least, Jimin. I was hoping to adopt you, so I thought I'd let you get a little bit more comfortable with me before I asked of it was okay for me to take you home."

"R-Really?"

He nods and pats my head. "I have to go now, but I'll be back tomorrow."

"P-Promise?" He extends his pinky and lowers it down to my height.

"Only if you promise to think about letting me adopt you." I quickly intertwine my pinky with his and nod vigorously. He lets out a chuckle and smiles. "Bye bye, Chim Chim."

I stand there confused at the sound of my new nickname flowing off his lips. But smile, and slowly wave goodbye as he disappears from my view.

He's lying. He's not coming back for you. His voice says interrupting my thoughts again. I shrug him off and continue playing with my ball.

The Next Day

I sit there in the playground again. This time I'm sitting on one of the swings. Waiting for him to come back today like he promised.

"He lied. No one wants a problematic child."

"Shut up, he didn't lie. He's coming back."

"Did you just tell me what to do?"

"Yea so what?"

"Tck. Let me remind you who's in charge around here."

Suddenly I jump of the swing and make my way over to the slide.

"What..are..you..doing!?" I stay through my teeth as I try to fight back his control over my body.

"I told you, teaching you who's in charge."

I climb up the ladder, so I'm at the very top of the platform on the slide. I look to my left and see Woozi getting ready to go down the tunnel.

"S-Stop it!"

"Why? I just wanna play with Woozi."

Woozi then turns to me and gives me a wave. "Hi Jimin, you wanna play?" Tears start to form in my eyes as he walks closer to me.

"What's wrong Jimin? Did you fall down and hurt your knee? Do you need me to get Ms.Sung?"

I walk so I'm closer to him, and grab his arm pulling him to the slide.

"Oh you wanna play slide together?" He stands in front of the slide and gets ready to go down. Before he could get his footing....I push him off and he falls onto the ground.

"Woozi!!!!" I quickly slide down the slide and run to him. I find him curled up in a ball hugging his knee.

"Ow..."

"Look at what you did."

"I'm so...so..so sorry Woozi." I feel tears start to fall down my cheek. I suddenly I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see the man from yesterday.

"Go and get your caretaker, I'll look after him while you're gone."

"O-Okay." I quickly run and bring Ms.Sung back along with her first aid kit.

"Oh dear...what happened." She asks as she takes out an ice pack.

"Me and Jimin were about to play on the slide, but I guess I lost my footing and fell off. Jimin tried to save me though."

"That's a lie Chim Chim~ You pushed him off."

I clench my fist at the sound of that and start crying.

"Awe Jimin don't cry, Woozi is going to be just fine. Why don't you spend some time with Mr.Park?"

All I can do is nod and cry silently as Ms.Sung takes Woozi back into the building.

"I saw what you did." I look up at Mr.Park in shock.

"I saw you push him off the slide." This makes even more tears fall down my face.

"Please sir believe me, it wasn't me it was-"

"Don't you dare tell him about me. I'll do something worst to one of your other friends."

"No....please stop." I start sniffling and wipe the tears away with my arms. Suddenly a tissue is shoved in my face. I greatfully take it, and wipe my eyes.

"I also know that it wasn't on your own will." He leans down closer to me, so that he's next to my ear. "It was the voice in your head wasn't it?"

"H-How do you know about-"

"I'm a neuroscientist and that just a big word that means I study the brain. You showed symptoms of MPD."

"....And you still wanted to adopt me? A...problematic child?"

"Jimin, there's nothing wrong with having MPD. You're just a little different from other people. But you can still have the same 'normal' problems 'normal' people have."

"Does that mean..you still want to adopt me?"

"Of course I want too! But it's not about what I want. It's your decision whether or not you would like to come home with me."

"Y-Yes sir, but...can I say goodbye to Woozi first?"

"I don't see why not." I go inside and ask the caretaker where Woozi was and she directed me to his room. I walk in slowly and see him laying down on his bed watching tv.

I quietly sit down in front of him and he smiles at me. "Um..a man came here to adopt me."

"Oh really that's awesome Jimin!"

I nod slowly. "So I wanted to come...and say goodbye."

He nods and keeps his smile on his face. "Do great things Jimin! Fighting!" He says and he pumps his fist in the air.

"Wow some friend you are. Bragging about how you have a home now while he's still stuck here. Right after you pushed him off that slide!"

"Woozi...' I start tearing up. "I'm so sorry please don't hate me.." He brings me in for a hug and shakes his head.

"Now if I hated you, why would I wish you good luck? And I told you it wasn't your fault, I just lost my footing."

Hearing him say that, just makes me want to cry more.

"Why don't we end his suffering you know? We can take his pillow and smothering him until he can't-"

Suddenly there's a knock on the doorframe. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but Chim Chim it's time to go."

I slowly nod and release Woozi from my arms. I give a small wave before taking my new father's hand in mine.