Don't Separate Him (F)

"Now what does this word say Jungkook?"

"Hm..." I chuckle a little as I watch my little brother deep in thought. I was currently practicing his reading skills with him. For the age of five, he reads exceptionally well. I don't understand why they haven't given him the test to see if he's gifted yet.

"That's says, 'important,' Hyung!"

"Good job Kookie!" I give him an encouraging smile and pat his head. He giggles and smiles at me. I write down another word on a piece of paper for him. "Now what does this one say?"

He gasps and points to the word on the paper. "Bunny! Hey, that's almost Bun Bun's name!" I chuckle and nod. He snuggles his little stuffed rabbit, or 'Bun Bun', that was sitting beside us as we laid on the floor.

"Jungkook, Taehyung!" We hear our caretaker at the orphanage say.

"Coming!!" We both say in unison. I quickly get up and Jungkook follows suit making sure not to leave Bun Bun behind. We quickly walk into the room where the caretaker sounded like she was, and that was the kitchen. We both bow to her. "Yes Miss?"

"Darlings, I have some news for you."

"What is it?" Jungkook asks eagerly.

"Someone has looked into adopting each of you!"

"Really? That's great!! We might have a home now Tae Tae Hyung!" Jungkook says and wraps his arms around me. I chuckle and return his little embrace.

"Oh dear..."

"Is there something wrong?" I ask her releasing Kookie.

"When I said adopting each of you...I meant two different adults."

"You mean-"

"Someone is going to take me away from Tae Tae Hyung?" Jungkook says as he starts tearing up.

"N-No no no sweety, I-" Jungkook starts whailing really loud and I glare at her.

"Why would you even try to lie about it!?! Don't even set up an interview with them, we're not interested. If one of them don't want the both of us, then tell them they're not getting either of us."

"B-But Taehyung, you and Jungkook have already been here for 3 years-"

"I'm not going to let the thought of us finally getting adopted cloud my judgment. I've been looking after Jungkook ever since our parents died. He's my little brother and all I have left. I'm not leaving him."

I grab onto Jungkook's hand. "Come on Kookie." He sniffles a little and nods before he follows me out the door.

-
"Hyung?" Jungkook says as I tuck him into bed. "Yes Kookie?"

"....Are you going to go away and never see me an Bun Bun again?" He averts his eyes and holds onto his stuffed rabbit tighter. "Jungkook, I would never do that."

"I don't want them to take you away Hyung. I want to stay with you."

"They won't Jungkook I promise. Remember I told you, the adults can't adopt me if I don't want them to."

"But what if you do want them to?"

"It doesn't matter if that means I'll have to leave you. I'm not going to leave you ever. You're my little brother Kookie."

He starts tearing up and sits up to hug me. "I don't wanna go without you either Hyung!!"

"Shh I know I know, it's okay." I say as I rub his back trying to calm him down. "We promised each other remember? To not leave each other's side."

He sniffs and nods his head and pulls back. He pulls out his leg from under the blanket and pinches a certain part of his skin together. The spot where he's pinching has two moles above it. "Elephant brother."

I chuckle a little and nod. I pinch a place on my arm where two moles are above it as well. "Elephant brother." I slowly get up from his bed and start to head over to mine, but I feel a tiny hand clutch onto the back of my shirt.

"Can you please sleep with me and Bun Bun tonight Tae Tae Hyung?" I smile softly at him and nod.

I turn off the main light and switch on his Molang night light. He moves over closer to the wall, allowing me to slide into the blankets.

He yawns and slowly closes his eyes. "Good night...Hyung."

I kiss him on his forehead and rub my thumb over his palm. "Good night, Jungkookie."

- Next Day
"Hyung!" My little brother yells trying to wake me up.

"What is it Kookie?" I manage to groan out and slowly open my eyes.

"Ms.Mei told everyone there's a special guest coming in today!"

"Jungkook I really don't careee. Your Hyung is really tired."

"Oops." He lets out a giggle and he rubs my back. "Sorry Hyung, I guess I got excited."

"It's okay Kookie, I'll be down there in a few minutes. Go and pick out a book while you're waiting for me. I'll try to read to you as much as I can before I have to go to school."

"Okay Hyung!" He kissing me on my cheek and runs off.

"Don't lose that rabbit of yours!!"

"Okay Hyung!"

I chuckle and slowly get up and stretch. "That brother of mine has way too much energy." I hurry and get ready and before I leave the shared room of me and my brother, I glance at the clock. "Shoot, I might not have time to read with him after all."

- Jungkook P.O.V.
I play with Bun Bun's ears as I wait for Hyung to come downstairs.  "Do you hear him yet Bun Bun?"

I put my ear next to his mouth so I could hear what he was saying. Soon enough I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. "Woww, you're good Bun Bun!"

I stand up with my book and Bun Bun in my hands. "Hyung!" I smile as he comes down.

"Aish, Kookie I can't read with you today."

"B-But you-"

"I know, but I'll be late for school. Read it on your own and then when I come home, we can read another book okay?"

I sigh. "Okay Hyung." Hyung comes over and pats my head.

"I'm sorry Kookie, but I promise we'll read later." I look up at him and smile a little.

"It's okay Hyung, I understand." He nods before kissing me on the forehand and leaving out the door.