Don't Neglect Him (F)

I see Hyung sitting at his desk writing something. With Bun Bun in my hand, I slowly walk over to him.

"Tae Tae Hyunggg can you please play with me?" I ask him while pulling on his sleeve.

"Jungkookie, I told you I'm busy and-"

"But you're always busy! You never play with me anymore Hyung!" I say before pouting and crossing my arms.

"Yah Jungkookie, you know it's harder for me to have time to play with you now since we ran away. I have to make sure to pay the bills, get to my job on time, (Hyung works as a newspaper boy), make sure there's food for us, and I have to find a way to turn us back to normal!" I flinch at the sound of him raising his voice. I hang my head low and look at the floor.

"I miss the orphanage Hyung...when we were there, you were happier and not upset. You would always play games and read with me. But now you're always sad and we never play anymore!" I feel a tear fall down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away trying to hold back the rest of them.

"Jungkook...."

"I miss the old Tae Tae!" I yell at him before I run with Bun Bun in my arms to my room.

- Taehyung P.O.V.
When I saw the tears run down his face, I felt a piece of my heart rip.
Why didn't I notice this before? He's probably going through as much as I am with all of these changes.

All he wanted was to play with me..he's probably scared and doesn't understand what's happening. He doesn't need someone scolding him, he just needs someone to be there for him.

And that's me.

I quickly walk up the stairs and knock on Kookie's door. I can hear soft whimpers and the shuffling of tiny feet. "Jungkookie, please let me in. Tae Tae Hyung is sorry that he yelled at you eariler and that he has been neglecting you lately."

I hear the sniffles get louder as he walks up to the door. He opens it and I notice how puffy and red his eyes were, making it obvious he was crying. From behind him, I can see that his papers were all of the floor.

I forgot his abilities are driven on by his emotions.

"Hyung, what does 'neglecting' mean?" I chuckle a little as I crouch down and hug him tight, and then stroke the back of his hair.

"It's something that Hyung will never do again, okay?"

I feel him nod and he then wraps his small arms barely around my back. "I'm sorry I yelled at you Hyung."

I pull back from the hug and place my hands on his shoulders. "I'm sorry I didn't play with you. Now come on, let's play rodeo, (one of his favorite games) with Bun Bun."

I immediately jumps out of my grip and flashes his cute little bunny smile. "Really Tae Tae Hyung, you mean it!?!" I chuckle and nod. Before I could blink, he runs into his room and grabs Bun Bun.

The rest of the day is filled with our laughter. We drew dinosaurs, made a couch fort and defended it from the spoon aliens from planet spork, we had monster nuggets for lunch, and a few cookies afterwards.

Now it was time to wind down and get ready for bed. Me and Kook were on the couch watching one of his favorite shows, Paw Patrol. I see his eyes getting heavier and heavier by the moment, so I turn off the tv.

"Hey..." He says drowsily. "I was watching that.."

I chuckle at his stubborness. "It's time for bed Kookie."

I pick him up from the couch and slowly walk up the stairs to his room. Making sure to be careful not stir him, since he was already close to going to sleep.

I slowly lay him down on his back in his bed. When I go to turn away, there's a small pull on my index finger. "Thank you for playing with me today Tae Tae Hyung....I had a lot of fun."

I smile softly down at him and move a piece of his hair from his eyes. "I had a lot of fun too Jungkookie. Good night."

"Good night Hyung..." He slowly releases my finger as he finally falls into his slumber.

I tiptoe my way out of his room and crack the door slightly, before going into my own.

I promise I'll figure this out Kookie. Then we'll play all you want, just like today.