“Let’s see what we can find,” Fern agreed.

Demitri didn’t argue and began searching the lair for any clue as to who had taken the girl. He saw the cage and frowned. While he was sure Kailani hadn’t been in it made sense to him Ford would’ve been. As protective of the guardian as Ford was he was certain Ford had harmed himself trying to get to her. There was a burnt smell in the air leading him to believe the bars were electrified. Another clue it was Ford that had been in the cage.

The son of Artemis walked down a tunnel and past a few dead demigods. A frown crossed his face at the site of them. He hated the war for power was costing people their lives. Letting out a sigh he raised his head and saw light further into the tunnel.

“Tucker,” he called and then continued down the tunnel. Slowly he made his way down the rest of the tunnel. Seeing a ladder he cautiously crawled up the ladder. Demitri found himself in the middle of the forest as he emerged from the crawl space that led out of the tunnel.

“Dover,” He said.

“Demitri what did…..damn,” Tucker said emerging as well to see the dead demigod and a lot of blood.

“Ramiero,” Demitri said looking at the injuries. “Ramiero would strike quickly and…”

“Agreed,” Tucker said.

“Someone that wasn’t dead was taken as well,” Buddy said. Demitri looked over at him slightly surprised. He hadn’t heard any of the others emerge.

Hearing a bird Demitri looked up to see a blue jay. He raised his hand and extended a finger. Instantly the bird flew down and landed on his finger. “Can you tell me what happened?” Demitri asked. “Where is Kailani?”

The group watched in silence as the bird chirped away the tale of what had taken place. Demitri thanked the small bird and bidding it farewell watched the bird fly away.

“Ramiero killed Dover and took Kailani. Raiden took an injured Willem and Ford with him,” Demitri informed the group.

“So what do we do?” Fern asked. “There are not enough of us to take on Ramiero.”

“No, but, we can go to Raiden.” All eyes fell on Tucker. “I don’t trust Marius. Raiden took injured people and doesn’t kill needlessly.”

“Agreed,” Demitri said quietly before looking out into the forest disappointed.

“Demitri?” Fern said. “Is there something we should know?”

Demitri turned and faced his new friends. “There is something I haven’t told you about Kailani and me…I’m in love with her.”

Tucker smiled amused. “Kind of figured that.”

“I think Raiden is to. He tried to kiss her and…she ran. I found out that day she had feelings for me and I told her how I felt about her. Well that I liked her anyway.”