Chapter 89: Sinking Ships

Start from the beginning

*    *    *

March 15

POV: Savannah

Weeks passed and I had little to no contact with Colin. Ryan and I didn't do much talking either, and the only reason I knew Reece was still alive was because of social media.

Tony and I had been traveling for a couple of weeks, and bonded a lot since. Ryan was apparently still seeing his girlfriend, which he had vaguely mentioned to me, but instead on explaining in full detail to Tony, who I then gathered intel from later on. He seemed happy, and so did Reece. I could only assume Colin was better off without me too...

"Hey what day is it?" Tony asked, emerging from the cabin of the boat.

"Wednesday, why?"

"Because, Ryan just suggested that I hang out with him on Friday—"

"He isn't doing anything with his girlfriend or Colin?" I asked suspiciously, taking off my sunglasses to enjoy the full experience of the sunlight as it reflected off of the ocean.

"I dont know... Why would he be doing anything with them on Friday?"

"Friday is Saint Patrick's Day, and I'm pretty sure there's some Irish in his family..." I said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot about that... Maybe he just wanted me to tag along," Tony suggested.

I looked down at my phone as it vibrated in my lap.

"I got a text from him about Friday too... I wonder if he's trying to get us all together for some reason—"

"Maybe he's gonna propose," Tony smiled.

I shot him a look of disapproval, wiping the smile completely off of his face.

"Sorry," he insisted, "Too soon..."

I put back on my sunglasses and continued reading the newspaper.

"Are you thinking about going?" I asked curiously.

"Hey, if you go, I'll go..."

He sat next to me and gazed into the ocean.

"Sounds like a plan... I'll text him and ask where."

POV: Ryan

"Ok! Savannah, Tony, and Colin are on board! How do you feel?" I asked concernedly, shoving my phone into my pocket, "You don't have to meet them if you don't want to, I mean I know—"

"It's okay Ryan, of course I want to meet your friends and family!"

I leaned in and rested my forehead against hers, "If you say so."

She smiled sweetly and wrapped her hands around my waist.

"You're perfect," I whispered, brushing her hair back from her face, and going in for a kiss.

"EWWW!" Ella blurted, racing down the hall with Grace following behind, latching on to Courtney's leg, "Don't kiss daddy!"