CHAPTER 6: Truffles

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Okay." Makayla answered.

Dana answered the call and went to their terrace to breathe some fresh air. It is overlooking the man made garden and with a big wishing well in the center. She used to stay there before when she was still young. She loves sneaking around to make fool of her nannies.

"Hey..."

For the last three days of glory, she was with Travis. Dana left everything to Travis. She knew that her restaurant is in good hands. She has to delay the launching of her new menu because of the vacation. She needs Travis to supervise the profit of the restaurant to maintain its stability. He said he'll do everything he can to help.

Luckily, that three days of glory became smooth sailing. He never saw Malcolm Henderson in those days. She was happy that he actually spared her the glory of not seeing him-because she will be with him for about a month.

"Good morning. Did you eat breakfast?" Travis seems to be enthusiastic today. What gives?

She smiled-His enthusiasm is contagious today. "Yes. How about you Travis?" She asks, while she tucks some hair loose back in behind her ear. "I woke up early to fix my things. Seems like everyone did the same."

"That's good. Anyway, what time is your flight? I'll be on your restaurant later. I'll fix the report you left. Is that fine?"

"Yes. Please update me with details. I'll call you once we're already in the hotel. I was hoping to check it myself but then, time is my enemy today. We'll be off to the airport not later than an hour." She said. Maybe, it's their cue to leave since their Mom is already waiting for them downstairs.

He sighed on the other line, "Okay..." He sounded a little off. "Just don't forget everything that I said okay?" He's pertaining to their talk three days ago. Travis wasn't pleased-will never be pleased upon her, Dana and Malcolm, meeting again. However, he can't do anything about it since it was a family matter. "Call me when he does something bad to you and I'll get you out of that fucking island in a snap."

Her heart melted with his remarks, "Okay mister..." She ended the call.

She'll definitely miss Travis.

They arrive in John F Kennedy International Airport's private hangers. There are few people waiting for them. Half of it helped in getting their luggage and bags. They had tons of it-especially hers and her mom.

Dana roamed her eyes in looking for the man she loathes. Malcolm is not around, even his family. Her brothers are busy strolling around the hanger in where some of their Jets are parked. She glanced at the Gulfstream G-550 Jet in the open field. It will take them to Bahamas today.

That jet costs fortune! She can't even imagine the price of that freaking airplane.

A series of honks startled her. She turned around to see the approaching cars. She knew that when those cars stop, her life would change for a month. Not because of bliss, but because of anger. Malcolm can summon the demon in her in just a snap. He's way evil than that.

Danica Sanders is happily eyeing the cars. It stopped in front of them. The elder Henderson gets out of the first car. Thomas opened Sofia and Enya's car. He then lovingly embraced his girlfriend Sofia. She arched her brow when Malcolm Henderson gets out of the last car. He perfectly slays his grey pull over shirt, dark blue khaki shorts and a Topsider shoes.

"Hello Clarisse..." Dana's mom greeted.

Clarisse Henderson smiled in return, "Hello Danica... Dana." She eyed her. She went near her and gave a kiss on the cheek. "Hello, Clarisse." Dana greeted her too.