Chapter 56

"That's the fourth time your phone has rung. You can answer it." Zoe tells me.

I glance at my phone which is sitting upside down on top of the table.

I don't really want to know who it is. What if it's Harry calling to rage at me? He shouldn't be awake anyway. It's 4am in the UK. Maybe it's someone from back home.

"It could be important." Louise adds in.

I sigh as it starts to ring again. I give in and pick it up, heading in the direction of the ladies bathroom.

I glance at the screen as the door closes behind me.

Niall

I furrow my brows, what is he calling for? And why's it so urgent that he had to call me six times.

"Hello?"

I hear an exasperated sigh of relief on the other end of the line before Niall's frantic voice. It takes me a moment to decipher his words as he is speaking so fast and his accent is masking them.

"I'm so sorry. I know you're in the US but it's kind of important." he says loudly.

"W-what's wrong?" I reply, panicking slightly. What could it possibly be.

"I just got a call from Oli, Harry's roommate. Harry's really angry and keeps saying something about Riley and texts. Thought you might know something. Apparently he's on a total rampage."

Fuck. What is his problem? That boy has some serious issues.

"Fucking hell." I mutter into the phone. "He can't honestly be angry at me. I sent him one polite text. He's the fucking dickhead."

Niall sighs, "Well that's a relief. Although doesn't really explain why he's going nuts. What exactly did you say?"

I shrug, "That there was no need for us to be enemies and he just told me he couldn't be my friend. He has fucking anger issues."

Someone emerges from one of the cubicles and I give her an awkward smile before returning to the call.

"Oli reckons he's been drinking."

I frown, he's an angry drunk then? I really hope I am not the cause of this. I don't see what I've done wrong. He should be angry at himself.

Maybe he is angry at himself?

"Maybe he's angry at himself," I repeat my thoughts aloud.

"Maybe.." Niall drifts off, "Don't worry about it. Have fun at VidCon, okay?"

I frown as I finish off the call and let Niall go.

What is Harry's problem? I honestly cannot see what on earth I have done wrong. He's the one who keeps hurting me. I should be the one with the problem. I should, not him.

Why do you always do this? We don't talk for ages and then YOU text ME out of nowhere and you're the one who gets angry. You get my hopes up and lead me on. Because you know that no matter how long you ignore me, I will always be here. I sick of it and I'm sick of you. Just leave me be and let me happy. 

It's true. I have always been the person who is quick to forgive others. I would've forgiven Harry for being a complete dick in a heartbeat. But no, he has to be the victim and I am the enemy. It ends now.

No more weak Riley. No more forgiving people just to try and lessen the casualties. 

I deserve to be happy too, don't I?

Now, I can do one of two things. Mope over my abandoned friendship. Or, go and have a good time with these girls before returning to the hotel to wait on my gorgeous boyfriend to arrive back.

I will go with the latter.

Joe's POV

"You okay man?" Alfie asks me as I sit at the bar, swirling my finger in my drink.

"Huh?" I say, looking up to see him beside me.

I haven't really been enjoying my time out too much. I feel bad for leaving Riley with Zoe, Louise and Grace. I should've warned her.

She's going to be pissed off at me when I get back. Great, ignore Joe night. She is particularly good at administering the silent treatment.

"What's on your mind?"

I shrug, "Nothing."

Alfie chuckles before hopping onto the stool next to me. "That's bullshit and I know it. You've only had one drink and you spent most of the time staring at it. Things okay with you and my cousin?"

I chuckle in response. I can't really deny that.

I nod, "Yeah, great actually. I just feel bad for leaving her on our first night here."

"She's not on her own Joe. I'm sure she isn't even thinking about you."

"Nice comforting." I say dryly and take a sip of my drink.

Alfie laughs and slaps me on the back. "Meant it in the nicest way possible. If you're so worried go back to the hotel. I'll tell the others you had to go."

I smile and nod, "Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow." I say, getting off of the stool and making my way out the door and back to the hotel.

I hope she's back from dinner otherwise I'll look like a dick, leaving early to see Riley when she isn't even there.

I don't even make it through the lobby before I spot her in the middle of a conversation with a group of girls.

Riley turns around before I even call out and grins at me brightly.

"You're back early!" she exclaims as I join them all.

I love seeing this side of her. The bright, charismatic Riley is one of my favourites. She really is a friendly girl but her past experiences have left her with a sense of insecurity which is a right shame because she is a social butterfly at the best of times.

I smile brightly back at her, "It was boring. I'd rather hang out here with you."

My comment is met with the familiar awh's which I have a feeling is going to be a regular occurance throughout this trip.

Riley chuckles, a blush creeping into her cheeks. She's not one for my cheesy comments especially in front of other people. "I was just telling these guys about how I was wondering when you'd be back actually."

"Aren't we just so cute!" I say sarcastically but it is met with agreement from the girls. "Do you mind if I steal Riley away? It's her bedtime." I joke.

"You don't determine my bedtime Joseph." she retorts and I smirk.

"I wasn't intending on sleeping." I murmur cheekily, loud enough that her and the two girls closest to us hear.

Riley's cheeks burn scarlet as she takes in my words and I chuckle. I like that I can have this effect on her.

"I promised pictures." she mutters in response, giving me an embarrassed look.

I nod, "Of course, take pictures. I'll meet you upstairs."

"You too." she adds in, putting on the look she knows will get me to do it.

I sigh, "Okay then, who's first?" I ask, shooting a smile at Riley who is, once again, grinning from ear to ear.

A/N

Sorry if my writing seems a little erratic. My mood was all over the place when I was writing it and that is generally reflected in the final product.

I've decided to bypass the 40K special considering that the story already has more than 46K and we are closer to 50 than 40.

Thoughts on this chapter?? Always appreciated :)

So.. Vote/Comment/Follow me. You know the drill :P

Love you all!! xx