Chapter 39

She sleeps alone.
My heart wants to come home.
I wish I was, I wish I was beside you.

5SOS play through my earphones as I nod along to the beat.

As soon as I got home last night I downloaded all of their available music and have been playing it on repeat since.

I am currently sitting at a table in the international room attempting my course work but I can't seem to concentrate.

Between the faint hum of the music and the louder volume of the occupants of this room I can't seem to get a thought in edgewise.

An obnoxious laugh catches my attention as my eyes flicker to Harry fucking Styles who is talking animatedly to Lukas.

He hasn't bothered to talk to me since he left me alone after telling me he couldn't just be friends. 

I know it shouldn't matter to me but it does. It bothers me how easy it was for him to drop me out of the picture as soon as I confirmed my disinterest in being more than friends with him.

I only realise that I am glaring at him when Lukas nods in my direction and Harry turns to look at me.

Fuck. I gotta get out of here.

I quickly scoop up my books and shove them in my bag. Without sparing another glance in Harry's direction I rush out of the room.

I head down the stairs and emerge into the courtyard. There are quite a few people around so I decide to head down the path towards the back of the school, eventually finding myself propped down on a bench.

I don't know why I'm so pissed off at him really. I mean, it was to be expected. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Assuming that he wanted nothing more than friendship but, yet again, I was wrong.

I'm always wrong.

"What's your fucking problem?" 

I look up to find a pissed off Harry standing before me.

I scoff, what nerve!

"What's my problem? What is my fucking problem?!" I exclaim.

Harry smirks, "Yeah. That's what I asked, isn't it?"

His stupid smirk sets me off as I get up angrily. "You! You are my fucking problem!" I shout in his face.

He looks slightly taken aback like he had expected me to simply tell him to leave me alone.

But no. I mean business. If he is going to come after me and ask me what my problem is I am going to unleash a whole truckload of word vomit on him.

"I come here and meet this lovely, charming guy who seems nice enough at first. But hey! Turns out he is a total jerk who would happily abandon the fragile, suicidal girl when she refuses to go out with him."

"What are you ev-"

"And then!" I chuckle, "And then he has the fucking nerve to ask me what my problem is. You're a fucking asshole Harry. That is my problem. Did I make myself clear enough?" I ask, suddenly realising how close I have got to him in the heat of my rage.

It appears I have realised too late as Harry's lips push onto mine.

My eyes widen in surprise as I realise what is happening. 

Fuck! Not again.

I push against Harry's chest, sending him stumbling backwards.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I yell, catching the attention of a couple of year nines not too far down the path.

"I-I don't know."

"You idiot." Is all I say before running back towards the school building, a sense of déjà vu as I rush through the courtyard and into the block of classrooms.

How could I be so stupid? I have never, ever been good with words so how did I possibly think that was going to end well. This is when I realise that last 'You idiot' wasn't even directed at Harry. It was my own subconscious calling me an idiot.

I got so caught up in the heat of the moment that I could have just jeopardised my whole relationship with Joe.

He probably could've forgiven me for having one guy kiss me but two is pushing it.

"Riley? What has happened?"

Oh god. I don't need this right now. It's only now that I notice the tears streaking down my flushed cheeks. My earlier confidence is now gone as I look up at a concerned looking Louis through my teary eyes.

"What did Harry say?" he asks me and I just shake my head. The last thing I want to do is admit to this boy who I hardly know what just happened.

He pushes open the door behind him and grabs my arm before pulling me inside.

The room is dim and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust before I realise we are in some type of theatre.

I remember Harry briefly mentioning that Louis is really into drama and nabs up the leads in all the school productions.

"He can be really harsh at times. I'm not trying to make excuses for him but he hasn't exactly had the best upbringing. I'm sorry for whatever he has done."

"You shouldn't have to apologise for him."

Louis smiles as he sits me down and takes the seat next to me. "I know but as one of his best mates I feel it's my responsibility to let you know why he's such a dickhead."

"Well put." I say, the corners of my mouth raising slightly.

Louis grins, "You'd think I was Shakespeare or something." he jokes.

I smile, "Or something."

A/N

I feel so bad for making Harry act like an ass but it is part of the plan people! 

Anywayyy, thoughts so far?

I have decided to make a goal of 20k for the end of the month.. Do you guys think we can do it?

I had a really good question to ask you all but I've forgotten it now.. I'll probably remember as soon as I publish this :P

Oh well!! Vote, comment, blahblahblah..

Love you all <3 xx