Chapter 42

"I'm Riley and these are my friends Niall and Carrie." I say for what feels like the hundredth time tonight.

I haven't seen Joe in about an hour. I sent him off to have fun with some other guys. I can't let the fact that I can't legally drink stop him from doing so himself. I must be so boring for him. Instead of being able to go off and get drunk with his friends on the weekends like any other guy his age he is stuck here in London with me.

The boy smiles, "I'm Jason and this is Alice," he says, nodding his head towards the girl beside him. A crazy mop of hair sits atop his head. Somehow, despite the fact that he keeps looking around it manages to stay completely still and I find myself unusually amused by this guys hair.

The girl beside him hasn't said a word yet and blushes slightly as I take in her appearance. 

She has brown shoulder length hair and her eyes bear dark rings beneath them as if she hasn't slept in a week.

"You like The Walking Dead?" I ask, referring to her t-shirt which has a picture from the show.

She flushes more as she answers me, "Yeah. I never miss an episode."

I smile at Alice. Her shyness reminds me of how I used to be around new people. I'm not that shy anymore. Since I've been here I've met so many people that I have kinda just gotten over it.

"Are you two.. together?" I ask them and Alice's cheeks burn even brighter as I wait for an answer.

"We're not internet official like you and Joe yet but, yes. Yes we are." He says proudly, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her close to him. They really are perfect together.

"You watched Joe's video?" I ask him. It only went up yesterday so I didn't really expect many of these people to have seen it yet. I underestimate Joe's popularity.

Jason grins, "That bungy was awesome!"

I laugh, "We were in the adventure capital of New Zealand so we had to do something adventurous. What's better than bungy jumping at the world's first bungy site?" 

"Where is Joe anyway?" he asks as he glances around the room.

I shrug, "I sent him off to have a couple of drinks with Alfie, Marcus and Caspar and haven't seen him since."

Alice is chatting to Niall and Carrie beside us, obviously not that interested in our conversation.

"There he is." Jason says, pointing across the room to the doorway which the boys have just walked through,

Joe looks knackered as he stumbles along behind the others. He obviously made the most of the freedom and is off his face.

I look back to Jason who looks a bit concerned.

I haven't seen Joe drink since we met so I have no idea what kind of drunk he is really. He looks happy but exhausted.

"I should take him home." I say absentmindedly as I watch him looking around the room. His eyes eventually fall on me and he starts to walk in my direction.

"Good luck with that." Jason mutters as he returns his attention back to Alice and the Horan siblings.

"Riley! I've been looking for you everywhere." Joe slurs slightly as he reaches me and pulls me into him, clutching onto me tightly, "I love you." he drawls as he continues to squeeze me.

I chuckle, "And I love my spine, could you loosen your grip a little?" I say, wriggling in his arms.

He does so and looks down at me with a sad look on his face. "I said, I love you." he says expectantly. Obviously wanting me to respond.

I smile, "I love you too. Now, shall we get you home?" I suggest as I look to find Niall and Carrie watching us carefully.

"We are going home." I mouth to them and they nod in response.

"Let's go, yeah?" I say, pulling out of Joe's grip and looking him in the eyes. They are bloodshot and frighten me a little.

Joe pouts, "Did I mention that I love you?" he asks earning a laugh from me.

"Yes, you did. Now, let's go loser." I say jokingly as I grab his hand and pull him towards the door.

"What have you even been drinking?" I ask him as we head down the narrow hallway of Caspar's apartment.

"Celebratory shots!" Joe announces loudly.

I chuckle, "What was the celebration?"

Joe flings his arm around me, "That Jiley is real!!" he shouts, his voice echoing through the empty street that we have just emerged onto.

"Jiley is real." I repeat, smiling at how entertaining Joe is when he is drunk. He doesn't have a care in the world.

"Jiley is real!" he yells at a couple of girls who are passing by us as we head towards the train station sending the girls into hysterics.

"Do you know what else is real?" I ask him as he struggles to keep up with my brisk pace.

"What?" 

"The killer hangover you are going to have tomorrow." I say with a smirk and Joe bursts into laughter.

"Of course. But you'll look after me. Won't you?"

I nod as I spot the station entrance, "Of course."

Joe squeezes my shoulders, "And that is why I love you." 

"Aww, you are such a charmer Sugg." I say sarcastically as we reach the station.

The train ride home is short and is over in no time. Before I know it I am tucking a drunken Joseph into my bed.

Just as I am about to switch off the lamp and go have a shower he stops me.

"Wait. Can I ask a question?" he asks, his speech much more understandable than it was just a half hour ago.

I smile, "Anything." I respond as I sit on the bed beside him.

He breathes in deeply before asking me, "Will you paint a picture of me?" he catches me off guard. That was not what I expected at all.

I contemplate the answer for a moment before responding, "Of course." hoping that, with any luck, he won't remember this in the morning. "Good night love." I murmur, planting a kiss on his forehead but it appears he has already drifted off to sleep as a light snore escapes his slightly parted lips.

A/N

I dunno.. I like drunken Joe. Do you?

I got 17k today!! Woohoo! haha

Anyway, as usual, opinions on the chapter and story as a whole are greatly appreciated.

So.. yeah. Comment, vote, follow. Whatever you'd like :)

Until next time, I love you all!! xx