Chapter 70

Riley's POV

I sigh as I stare at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes are puffy and swollen from crying myself to sleep last night.

I don't know why I let their words get to me. Hate has never really bothered me too much. I guess I kind of started to believe their words. What if they are right? What if I'm not good enough for Joe and he leaves me? As much as I don't want to believe it a part of me does.

I drop down to the floor and curl my legs up to my chest, gripping onto them and burying my head in my knees.

Why can't I just have a normal relationship? Just me and Joe, away from the public eye.

"Riley?" I lift my head from my knees to see Joe standing in the doorway of the bathroom. "Are you okay?"

I take in a shaky breath and nod. My insecurity is not Joe's problem. He doesn't need me bringing him down.

He frowns and moves to sit next to me on the tiled floor, pulling me onto his lap.

"You know, we are going to have some issues if you keep lying like that." he murmurs, pushing a loose strand of hair from my face and placing a kiss upon my cheek.

"I'm not lying." I say, my voice barely a whisper.

"There you go again." he points out with a chuckle. "You don't always have to be okay love."

I nod, even though I disagree. I would rather not cause controversy right now.

"You're beautiful Riley. Don't you let anyone ever tell you that you aren't. Nothing anyone says will ever make me think otherwise. I love you for you. And you are amazing. I fell in love with you. Not for how you look, just for who you are." he takes a deep breath. "How you look is just a bonus." He says the last sentence with a wink, causing me to blush slightly.

"Forever and always." I mutter, leaning into Joe's chest.

"Forever and always." He whispers in agreement, gently pressing another kiss to my cheek.

I don't know how long we sit there, just listening to the sound of one another breathing but I enjoy every moment.

"Where are we going?" I ask Joe as we drive along a road that seems slightly familiar.

"Patience Riley." he murmurs as he stares out the windscreen.

I groan just as we pull into a car park. This place is definitely familiar.

"It's our park." I exclaim as Joe parks the car and switches it off, turning to me.

"I believe it's public property Miss Templeton." he replies cheekily.

I sigh and give him a look, "You know what I mean."

He chuckles before reaching into the back and grabbing a bag.

"You coming? Or.." he asks as he opens his door a climbs out.

I nod as I fumble for my seat belt and climb out of the car.

By the time I'm out Joe is already halfway across the lot.

"Come on slowpoke!" he calls out behind him, pressing the button on his keys and locking the vehicle.

I jog towards him, slowing down as I get close.

"You know, a good boyfriend would have waited." I point out when I finally reach his side.

"You know, a great boyfriend would have known that you would catch up."

I hit him lightly on the arm, he reaches out and grabs my hand, lacing his fingers between mine.

"What's the plan Stan?" I ask as we walk along the grass.

"Who's Stan?" he asks, putting on an innocent look.

"I'm going to kick your ass soon." I threaten as a smile spreads across his face.

"Tell this Stanley guy that he'll have to get through me before he can think of making any plans, okay?"

"I'll pass on the message."

Joe stops and looks around us before nodding. "Here will do." he says, dropping the bag down on the ground and pulling out a blanket, laying it on the ground before sitting down and pulling me with him.

The sun is beginning to set. My favourite time of day.

I really enjoy times like these. When I can just sit and joke with Joe without having to worry about what is going on around me. Without my insecurity getting in the way and ruining everything.

I move my eyes from the sky and back to Joe who is pulling things from the bag.

Paper, canvases, paints and brushes.

"We are painting?" I ask as he finally turns back to me.

He nods, "Well, you will. I'll just waste perfectly good art supplies."

I laugh as he passes me some things. What am I supposed to paint? I decide on the sky. It's particularly pretty tonight. Strokes of pink, purple and yellow soon cover my page. Weaving into each other and creating a mass of colour.

I turn to look at Joe who is sitting cross-legged, his page tucked between his legs and chest, hidden from my view. His tongue is peeking out from between his lips as he stare carefully at it, his hand clumsily moving the brush.

I chuckle, catching his attention.

"I'm just about done." Joe says as he dabs a few more spots on the page before throwing his arms up. "Finished!" he announces before turning it towards me.

I chuckle as I assess it.

In the middle of the page is a stick figure holding what appears to be a block of cheese. Emerging from the side of its head is a giant speech bubble.

Cheese a beauty!

I can't help but burst into laughter when I read it.

"It's you." he points out with a grin. "You get it, right?"

I nod in response, "It's brilliant."

Joe smiles, "What'd you draw then?" he asks, reaching and pulling my painting towards him.

His eyes flick from the page to the sky and back a couple of times before moving back to me.

"It's stunning." he breathes as he looks back to it.

The look in his eye is what you could only describe as awe.

"Well I think we know who has the talent in this relationship." he whispers as his eyes move to me.

"Stanley?" I ask as seriously as I can, resisting the urge to laugh at myself.

Joe shakes his head and literally face palms himself. "I worry about you sometimes."

I laugh and nod, "Me too."

A/N

The cheese joke are back!

I have an awful sense of humour, I know.

This is where I go blah blah blah comment please. I love your comments. (but seriously you should comment :P )

In all seriousness, don't forget to comment, vote and follow me :)

You can also head along to follow me on twitter if you like :) @JoeSuggsWifey

Also, Riley now has a twitter too! @Riley1412

Love you all!! xx

E/N

Guys Angel can't focus for shit but then again neither can I sooooo... Sorry if we never update again cause vines guys, vines