Chapter 38

You're still coming tonight, right?

Shit. 

"Niall, are you free tonight?" I ask him as he sits across from me at the lunch table.

School started back yesterday and I have just been hanging out with Niall which is great. He is so much more genuine than the others and isn't afraid to speak what's on his mind.

He nods, "Yeah. Think so."

"Come to my friends gig with me? He gave me free tickets and he'll flip if I don't use them."

Is it weird for me to call Michael my friend? I mean, I barely know the guy but he seems nice enough.

If I'm completely honest I had actually forgotten about the gig. It got lost in the mess of Christmas and Joe and going to New Zealand but it will be nice to just be around people. I seem to be a bit of a recluse here. Never really hanging out with anyone aside from at school which technically shouldn't even count because I have to be here.

Niall grins, "I'm in. Anyone I would know of?"

I shrug, "5 Seconds Of Summer." I say the name with uncertainty. I've never heard of them myself but that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't popular. 

Judging by Niall's reaction I would say they are most likely not unpopular.

"Hey! I love 5SOS!" he exclaims, "How do you know one of them?"

I smile at his enthusiasm, it's heartwarming really. Niall's ever present enthusiasm is contagious.

"I-uh, your guitar. I bought it off Michael."

"Michael Clifford touched my guitar?"

I laugh at how ridiculous he sounds. Like one of those fangirls you find online that sit in their rooms all day behind computers stalking celebrities.

"Michael Clifford played your guitar."

"And you waited until now to tell me?"

I shrug, "Didn't seem relevant." I say nonchalantly, gauging his reaction.

"Didn't seem relevant? It's the furthest from irrelevant you can get. It's. it's.." he pauses, searching for the right word.

"Relevant?" I suggest with a smirk and Niall erupts in a roar of hearty laughter.

"Relevant. Exactly."

"I'll text you where to meet me then."

I stand outside of London's Shepherd's Bush Empire waiting for Niall. It's bloody freezing and Niall was supposed to be here five minutes ago.

The crowd of mostly teenage girls rushes about me. All excited for the band.

I really wish I had listened to some of their music before I came so I knew what to expect but it's too late now.

After what feels like an eternity I finally see a flash of Niall's blonde hair.

"Niall!" I call out as I watch him looking around aimlessly in search of me.

He finally spots me and joins my side.

"This place is madness." he comments as a group of girls just a few metres away from us starts squealing.

"Isn't it?"

My phone goes off in my hand and I look down to find another text from Michael.

Riley?