The knock on the widow makes him jump, but he quickly rolls it down halfway. 

"License and registration please." Ryan sees that the man is wearing a police uniform and he freaks out a lot more now. He grabs his wallet from his hoodie pocket and gets out his license and registration, perfectly hiding the fact that he's about to shit his pants if this cop pulled him over for having Brendon in his car. 

Ryan hands over the items and the cop looks them over briefly. 

"Do you know you have a break light out?" The cop asks, and Ryan sighs in relief.

"No, I didn't. Thank you for letting me know." Ryan watches as the cop looks further into the car, looking at Brendon.

"Where are you coming from?" He asks, leaving Ryan at a slight loss for words.

"Um. Just visiting family in New York. My brother and I lost our parents a while back and we moved out this way to start over."

The cop nods, thankfully seeming to believe Ryan's story.

"Get that light fixed or you'll end up getting a ticket for it next time." He hands Ryan his license and registration back and Ryan puts it back in his wallet despite his shaking hands.

"Yeah, I will. Thanks." He nods at Ryan and walks back to his car and Ryan throws his head back against the headrest and starts laughing.

The cop drives off and Brendon throws the jacket Ryan handed him into the backseat. 

"That was not funny." Brendon says, holding back a smile and trying not to laugh.

Ryan reaches over and grabs Brendon's face, leaning forward and pulling Brendon closer at the same time and he kisses Brendon hard on the mouth.

"Let's go home now." Ryan smiles at Brendon and puts the car in drive, and they drive away from the gas station.

-

Brendon wakes up alone the next morning in Ryan's bed and sees a note on the pillow next to him where Ryan would be. He smiles and unfolds the paper.

hey baby, had to go to work. should be home around 3:30. I asked Sarah to come check on you later, so if anyone knocks on the door it'll be her. I'll see you later. xoxo ry

Brendon smiles and stretches, getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom to shower.

The water is hot against his skin and he stands under the shower head letting the water pour over him for a good five minutes before actually washing his hair and his body. When he gets out and gets dressed, he heads to the kitchen that he became so familiar with and gets out the pancake mix and a frying pan. He didn't realize how many pancakes he actually made until they were all done.

Just as he was about to pour the syrup all over the pancakes, there was a knock on the front door that made him jump, but he remembered it's supposed to be Sarah. He slowly walks to the front door and looks out the peephole, seeing Sarah with her black hair pulled into a high bun and wearing a black and white striped shirt with a black leather jacket.

Brendon opens the door and Sarah smiles at him.

"Hi." She said greeting him. Brendon motions for her to come inside. "Did Ryan tell you I'd be stopping by?"

Brendon nods.

"He did." Brendon lead Sarah into the kitchen and sat in front of his plate of pancakes. "Would you like some? They just got done."

"No thanks, I just ate." Sarah looked disgustingly at the nicely made pancakes and Brendon shrugged a shoulder and proceeded to pour more than enough syrup on his food.