arrangements

"Their getting married!!!! Oh my god!!" I wiped tears of joy from my eyes, everybody staring at me weirdly. 

"Who?!" Gavroche demanded of me, I laughed at his determination, I was so glad that he was here, with me.

"Eponine and Marius, they have asked me to come and be Eponines bridesmaid, Enjolras is Marius' wingman, the three of them are celebrating in St. Dennis cathedral."  I squeaked, my voice failing me because of my happiness. 

"Oh how wonderful, I have never been to a cathedral before, not even at a wedding! Please let me accompany you! Please mother, let me accompany her!" Gustaves voice said, he was standing beside Christine who bit down on her lip, thinking. Gavroche looked at him with pure innoyance, he most likely thought that both Christine, Gustave and dad were far to 'posh',as he would put it, for his taste, he had learned, of course, that I maybe looked a bit posh, but I most certainly wasn't and would do almost anything to use my days in an overall and a nice sweater or something in that style, something comfortable. "Of course you can, that is, if Erik allows Emma to go." Christine answered Gustave, glancing at dad. They had started enjoying each others company, so they could be in a lounge together, without Christine breaking down, she after all didn't have much to cry over, Raoul had abused her when he was drunk, or so I had heard her and dad talking about one evening while I was in my bedarrest. 

***Flashback***

"Christine, mon petite ange, whatever is the matter?" Dad asked after a long while of silence. 

I then started eavesdropping, even though it was very impolite, but then again, when had I ever been polite?

"Nothing..." She wimpered, I heard dad walk over to her, he had most likely grabbed her arm, because she winced in pain. 

"Nothing? Nothing you say? But you're wimpering when I though your wrist, your shoulders, your neck." Dad must have had gritted teeth, because it was let out as a sneer. 

"It's nothing Erik! It'll go away eventually...."

"How do you know?" He asked angrily, he was getting onto something, how on earth could Christine know that it would go away before, it wasn't like she had been so sore on the wrist, shoulders and the neck, before, had she?

"He's not here anymore...." She whispered, it was almost to low for me to hear, I could only hope that they would talk a bit louder, so I could continue listening. 

"He? Please don't say that Raoul did this to you!" Dad growled, louder.

"I.... I..." Christines voice became muffeled and I didn't hear anymore, dad must have pulled her into his arms. 

"How long has he been treating you like this?" Dad asked her, as I got to my feet, trying, and sucessing not to make a sound, I creeped over to the door, and trough the crack I saw dad and Christine standing in the middle of the lounge, Christine in his arms, dads face turning away from me, his cheek buried in her curly hair that resembled mine. 

"Since we left the lair fifteen years back. He started drinking when we came home, he would come home from bars, stinking drunk, and he would hit me, for the slightest things, I would usually send Gustave to bed before he came home, so he wouldn't get hurt." she cried into his shirt, making dad look at her, I spared myself for the rest, going back to bed, falling asleep soon after.

***Flashback over***

Dad looked around at the small assembly in the living room, he then got to his feet, clearing his throat, the throat in which he kept his most angelic feature, his voice. And with that voice he declared his oppinion, which was final. 

"Emma will be attending the wedding, Christine and Gustave will enter with her, and as for the boy over there"-He indicated Gavroche-"Will be going too, I myself will not be attending the wedding, as I have more important matters at hand."

I ran to him, engulfing him in a hug, so big, that he would know that I appreciated what he did. 

"When will we be leaving?" I asked, causing him to smile.

"Tomorrow." He answered, turning from me, I then went to my room to pack the most necessary. 

***

Is it O.K?! 

Hope it is!

Wonder what 'important matters' that Erik is going to attend to? 

Am I the only one who is looking forward to Eponine and Marius' wedding?

-H.G