Beyond the barricades

Eponine, Enjolras, Combeferre, Joly, Courfeyrac, Grantaire, Gavroche and Javert  were all confused, they had been beyond the barricade for nearly 24 hours and the only one who had been there to explain what was happened was Fantine. Her and Jean ValJean had just left a few hours ago.

Enjolras' cheeks were stained, they had been since he realized that Emma wasn't there. Eponine headed over to where he was sitting on a bench, "Hi..." She said, smiling weakly, not really convincing him or herself.

He didn't even see her.

"Enjolras... Talk to me! I know you miss Emma! We all do! But Marius is there too! Don't you think that I miss him?!" She asked him irritated! It was true that they all missed their still living friends.

Enjolras sighed.

"Eponine. Please... Just go away, I can't talk of Emma right now."

"Enjolras....."

"Go. Away. Eponine, now!" He said.

Eponine sighed.

"No." 

"No?" 

"Exactly!" 

Enjolras then stood up and left.

"Sometime you need to talk of things that makes you sad!" He could hear Eponine shout in the distance. How dare she talk of Emma in his face! He knew that everyone missed that cheerful girl... But they couldn't know the connection he had felt when he had met her.

*****Flashback*****

"I'm Enjolras" He gave her his hand, not caring that Gavroche had spitted in it. He loved the way her eyes glowed! Even though they had sadness in them. As her not-gloved hand touched his, it felt like some electricity had run through him. A spark. Though he had only just met her, Enjolras was head over heels in love with Emma Destler.

*****

"I won't risk two pretty girls life for something bigger than us." He said, he sensed the sadness in her eyes, but he wouldn't risk her dying.

*****

She had kissed him, it was just a peck, but a kiss after all, he could still recall the sensation.

*****

"Under no circumstances. You are in a too weak state! Maybe I would have reconsidered if you had not just been out for 6 days!" He leaned down and kissed her forhead, she mumbled something unbearable and crossed her arms as she sighed.

"Right."

****Flashback over*****

Eponine sighed and sat down on the bench again. Gavroche came up to her. "'Ey Ep! What's up?! " Gavroche said in a happy voice.

"Gavroche.. How can you be so cheerful when we have lost Emma and Marius?"

" 'Cause! We didn't lose them! They lost us! We're dead!" He said. Still cheerful.

*****

Sorry that it's so short!

I really felt like I needed to write about what happened beyond the barricades!

In the next chapter, should I take a Marius' POV? Or Phantoms' POV? Or Emma's POV? 

You decide! 

'Till I hear you sing!

-H.G