Do. Not. Kill. MY. Friends!

"Marius!!!" Eponine screeched, running into his arms. "'Oh 'Ponine... How can you be alive? I saw you die? Oh my dear 'Ponine... I was so confused when Enjolras came."

I stood frozen, Enjolras came to me, embracing me from behind. "I knew that your father never would never let you out of this stupid lair! So I got him myself." He kissed the top of my head, not really caring that dad only stood ten meters away. I turned towards Enjolras, smiling up at him, he was so tall, or... I was just very small. "Emma... I love you." He sang softly, making Christine stiften up, looking towards Enjolras and I with a smile. Dad sighed, walking towards her. "What's wrong, my Christine?" Dad asked her with a soft voice, the voice he normally would use on me when he tried calming me down.

Christine sent my father an angry glare, I didn't know she was capable of.

"I'm not your Christine! I have never been!" She stated, walking from him. I could see that dad was heartbroken. "Wait a second, love." I sighed, tangling myself out of Enjolras' arms. I walked towards dad, smiling sadly towards him. "What is it Mon Ange?" He managed to stutter. I just sighed and hugged him. Dad sighed and hugged back. "I hope you know that the only reason that I haven't killed your friends yet is because Christine would never forgive me. But.. I made a promise to young Marius. If he came here I would kill him! And I do not break promises my dear." He said, I pulled out of his embrace, that tightened a bit, I still managed to break free. I could feel my eyes grow wide. He couldn't! He would break poor Eponine's heart!

"Please... Dad! Reconsider, Eponine loves him! You cannot break her heart!" Dad lifted an eyebrow, as if to say that he didn't care about Eponine. I sighed as I once again tried my luck "Dad! If you hurt 'Ponine you hurt me! You wouldn't want to hurt me? Would you?! Huh?!" I said, louder that I had intended. He ignored me, but no one else did. Christine came over, looking at me, probably fearing for my life, not many people shouted at the phantom and still kept their lives. "What is going on?" She asked me. When I didn't answer she turned to dad. "Erik?" Dad glared at her, making her tremble a bit. "You. Have, NO, right. To demand an answer. Miss Daae." He said. There the final straw came tumbling down. "Dad! If you even TRY to kill him, I will not think twice about following him! I solemnly swear this!" I said, and to make my point clear I walked from him, walking to the kitchen. 

In the kitchen I looked around, chocked. Dad had locked all the cupboards and draws, so I could not get to them, to the knives. I then gasped as realization hit me. This was what he had intended for. My suspicion was proven when I heard something.

The door jingled. It was locked.

The Phantoms P.O.V

I took out the Punjab, making Christine and Enjolras gasp.

Eponine then turned, her gaze landing on the Punjab, the foolish Marius stepped in front of her, in a protective way. He thought I was trying to kill the girl! Hah, that poor fool almost made me laugh. How wrong he was. 

I swung the lasso, doing, what I had done a hundred times.

But this time, was different.

 I couldn't even force myself to kill him. It was just a simple reason.

The simple reason was Gustave.

Gustave was standing behind Marius, he had just come back from a walk around the lake.

He was terrified. I had terrified Christine's son! He was no more than ten.

I then heard Eponine's scream, she had broken down, into Christine's arms. 

Oh Christine, she was full of pity, but also fear, sorrow and maybe... Could it be? Could it be that she was hateful. She would always hate me for murdering someone in front of her sons eyes. 

Emma's endless banging on the door brought me back into the real world. 

I couldn't kill him. Emma would kill herself, Christine wouldn't forgive me, and Eponine would suffer the most horrible kind of torture.

Heartbreak.

I dropped the lasso, walking to the kitchen door, unlocking it. 

Emma burst through it, not even I could stop her. 

She jumped head first into the ice-cold water.

Everyone, ran to the edge, looking into the water. She was no where to be found. I then saw Enjolras pull of his red jacket and kicking off his shoes, just like he had done it the day before. 

He plunged into the water, he not coming up either. 

We waited.

5 seconds.

10 seconds.

15 seconds.

20 seconds. 

30 seconds.

31 seconds past before Enjolras came in sight again. He had something in his arms. In his arms he held my dear Emma! 

"She's unconscious, and freezing cold." He said, looking straight at me. "Take her to bed, when she wakes, give her something warm to drink, in fact, keep her warm at all costs, do not let her out of bed for the next few days." I then cradled the young girl in my arms, confused. 

"Enjolras. I think you'd be better to watch Emma than him." Christine spat. What had happened to her in those fifteen years where I hadn't seen her?

"I can't. Eponine, Marius and I are leaving. It hurts me dreadfully to leave her... But Marius has just been seconds away from being killed, Eponine loves him and will leave with him. I will follow them home, Eponine's parents must not find them. It could end drastically, besides... I believe that Emma and you- He indicated both me and Christine- need to understand and live with each other before she accepts me into her life.... Before anyone of you accepts me into her life. Please send me a letter when, when I am needed. Goodbye." He turned from Christine, then to me.

Christine had no words. Enjolras sighed, handing me two letters. "Give them to Emma when she wakes up." I nodded, turning away, entering Emma's bedroom. 

*****

Awh!

Will Enjolras return?

What has happened with Christine?

Is Gustave and Marius okay?

Will Emma be okay?

What will Emma think of these news? And what does Erik think? 

Comment, vote, please leave your thoughts.

Till' I hear you sing.

-H.G