Les Mis!

It is now two weeks since the trio left Opera Populaire.

It is now two weeks since Enjolras left his beloved behind.

It is now two days, since Eponine and Marius were engaged.

                                                      ***

*Two days ago*

Enjolras sat in a brown leather armchair, in his hands he was holding a book, he was trying to focus on the words, but the letters jumped all over the place, his mind constantly wandered to Emma. 

Was she okay?

Was she sad?

Was she happy?

was she irritated that they left her?

He snapped the book closed, cutting of his thoughts, as Marius came trough the door.

"Enjolras! Look!" The young man said. 

"What is it?"

"I brought it for a big amount of my money, I barely have 10 francs left!" Marius said proudly.

"What did you buy?" Enjolras asked him, growing more curious, why on earth would Marius buy something that cost him that amount of money?"

Marius unfolded a black purse.

"A purse? Are you that daft?" Enjolras snarled.

Marius opened the purse, revealing a tiny diamond ring. 

"No.. That is what I brought, the purse was a gift!"

From who? Enjolras thought, he then looked at the ring. "Why have you bought such a thing?" He asked Marius, for gods sake that boy was naive.

"I'm gonna ask Eponine to marry me!" He exclaimed. 

"What?!" Enjolras said, looking towards the door. 

Eponine was standing in the entrance, she had dropped her mug, splattering tea on the floor. 

"Marry.... Marry me?" Eponine stated, not making her opinion clear.

"Yes! Oh 'Ponine! Yes! Please say yes!" Marius said falling to the floor, Enjolras raised an eyebrow. Eponine fell to her knees, tears in her eyes, embracing Marius who sat on his knees.

"Then it is arranged.... Now. Who will tell Emma?" Marius said, a thought popping into his brain.

"Monsieur Pontmercy, you, my friend, are a genius! Emma has to come, and her father can't deny it!" Eponine said, between sobs.

"I'm so very sorry to interrupt, but who can take Eponine down the aisle? Her father most certainly won't." Enjolras stated. Eponine pulled a face, then resumed her sobbing.

"Sorry... Just being rational!" Enjolras said. Marius looked at his friend. "Can't you do it? Emma can be the bridesmaid!" Marius said.

All three looked at each other. 

"I will write to Emma." Eponine said.