U

28

"Promise me you'll never do something dangerous like that again" Namjoon said to Kaori who was sitting beside him in the passenger seat. She had her arms folded and had an annoyed look on her face as if she was being scolded by a parent.

"It wasn't dangerous" She argued as she looked at the passing trees through the window of the car.

"Yes it was-"

"Do you actually think it would've crossed my mind that my very own father would lock me away then try to kill me?" She asked cutting him off.

I watched them bickering back and forth from the back seat. My head was on Yoongi's shoulder as I held onto his arm. I may look like a clingy girlfriend but I couldn't bring myself to let him go. After what had happened I felt too paranoid and he was the only one who could help me calm down.

Jungkook and Taehyung had decided to run back to the mansion in their wolf form because we didn't have enough space in the car and apparently they need a 'breath of fresh air'. Psh, I think they were feeling like the odd ones out because of the two couples who had just reunited.

I looked at Yoongi's thumb which was rubbing soothing circles at the back of my hand. He hadn't said anything after we left the enemy's hideout.

"Hey" I whispered looking up at him. He moved his face to look down at me. "What are we going to do now?"

"What do you mean?" He asked raising an eyebrow. I sat up, removing my head from his shoulder and looked him straight in the eyes.

"I want to go home" I said getting to the point.

"We are..." He trailed off looking right back at me with his onyx orbs.

"I mean I want to go home to my mother" I said and looked away, feeling intimidated suddenly.

Silence.

He sighed. "We've been through this" He said.

"No we haven't. All you told me was you're a werewolf before I got kidnapped. There are still a lot of questions in my mind" I knew he wasn't in the mood to talk but I really wanted to see my mother right now. Even if Yoongi doesn't let me go I want to see her and I have to try my best to persuade him, even if it's for a second.

I looked in the front to see Namjoon and Kaori still busy bickering and looked back at Yoongi with curious eyes. "Fine" He spoke rubbing his eyes "What do you want to ask me?"

"Why won't you just let me go back home?" I asked.

He stayed quiet for a while as if thinking of an answer. Finally he spoke up "You're my mate Hyemi. My soulmate. A partner who was paired by the moon goddess. We are destined to be together until the end of our days"

"That sounds so dramatic" I joked. I had already figured that he was my mate. From all the hints and use of the word 'mate' I finally guessed it. I know I'm dumb at times but I really don't know that much about wolves, or werewolves for that matter. Mijoo is the one who knows all about supernatural stuff. But hey! Can you blame me? No one would expect a random guy to kidnap you because you're his soulmate and claim himself as being a werewolf.

"I can't let you go because being physically away from you hurts me" He finished leaving me surprised. I did not expect that but I couldn't agree less. That explained the dreaded feeling I felt in my heart while I was locked in the cell in the basement.

"But can't I just meet my mother?" I asked still determined to see my mother. I missed her really much and was worried about her health.

Yoongi let out a sigh.