Chapter 8: Friends

Start from the beginning

     Sehun somehow became happy knowing Kai would be coming. That could be the time that they could talk sincerely. Sehun offered to accompany the two but both of them refused. He could no longer argue so he accepted his defeat.

     Kyungsoo went down first and he was talking to Baekhyun who was behind him. He opened the door after ghosting for the door knob, still looking and talking to the guy behind him. When he's about to step out of the house, he bumped someone.

     "I-I'm sorry. It's my fault. I'm not looking," Kyungsoo apologized. The other just stared at him and blinked.

     "Oh, hi. Wow. That was fast, Kai," Baekhyun greeted him.

     "My house was just a few blocks away from here, remember?" And the older just nodded.

     "By the way, where's white puppy?" He asked the eldest among them.

     "Upstairs. Inside his room," replied by the one being asked.

     "Okay. I'll be heading there. Thanks," the tan-skinned told them.

     "Okay. Take care of him, okay? We're leaving. Goodbye," the boy with eyeliner bade and left with Kyungsoo.

     "Bye, Kai," Kyungsoo also bade. The other just looked back with puffy cheeks and smiled a little. He then closed the door and his faint footsteps heading upstairs was heard by the two on the porch.

     "I don't know what's wrong. Is it just me or Kai doesn't like me as a friend?" Kyungsoo asked curiously.

     "Nah. Don't worry about it. He's just acting weird lately. We all don't know but I got a feeling that it will be fixed sooner or later."

     "What a good feeling that is. I hope it'll come true," Dyo commented and Baek just smiled.

---

     "Hey."

     "Oh, Kim Jongin. Did you meet the two along the way?"

     "Yeah."

     "Is it true that you'll be sleeping here?"

     "Yes."

     "Did Suho-hyung know what happened to me?"

     "Yup."

     "Was he worried?"

     "Yep."

     "Is there any explanation why you answer me monosyllabic words?"

     "Think so."

     "Phew... What's your prob? Tell me, I'm worried," but Sehun just received silence.

     "I wanna know. Please," he pleaded & absent-mindedly did an aegyo.

     "You really wanna know?"

     "Really bad."

     "Okay," he uttered and sighed. "I don't know but I'm kinda jealous."

     "Jealous?!"

     "Wait. Lemme finish, okay?"

     "Fine. Go ahead."

     "There are two reasons. First, Kyungsoo seems like he's taking over my place as your closest friend," Kai stated and Sehun's eyebrows had a cockfight.

     "You hate him then?"

     "I told you to let me finish, remember? Well, no. Not at all. In fact, the second reason is... I-I-I just don't know but I'm really jealous with you. Maybe because you're too close with each other, too close...with my longtime crush..."