three

━━━━━━━━

the next morning, instead of aya's nagging to him, jungkook wake up to a note from her. she left it for him at the kitchen counter.

—boss, mr ji the chaffeur will be waiting for you. i had some errands to do, it's urgent. we'll meet at the office. meeting with the chairman at 10:00am.

p/s: your fav tie is in the right drawer, besides the mirror. and i put your wristwatch on the dressing table. the breakfast, my sister made it. i don't cook as much as i love eating. (im too busy)

he chuckles softly when he read that note. (he also read that note with her voice btw) after he folded it carefully, jungkook put the note in the drawer in the one of the drawers. the specific drawer that he put every notes she left. why he did it? don't ask, he just feel like it.

after he get ready, jungkook went to the underground parking lot, where his chaffeur is waiting.

"ayo w'ssup,"

"good morning, sir." the older man opened the door for him. but jungkook managed to to get a high five from mr ji before he get into the car.

"do you know where did aya go? i can't reach her," jungkook asked while scrolling through his text.

jk:
morning :)
where did u go 😿

i feel weird without
your noisy mouth.
lol aya?
im gonna cut down
your salary if you don't
reply me
A Y A  L E E
elloo??

"it's out of my knowledge, sir. but she told me she's going somewhere with your brother."

"wonwoo?? why??" jungkook who's in the back seat scooted over, near to the driver's seat. mr ji was startled, luckily he's professional enough to control the wheel.

"as i said, i didn't know about it."

he released a heavy sigh and type another text to aya.

jk:
are you tired of working
with me already?
are you going back
to work with wonwoo now?
but he's a doctor?? last year
he graduated from med school??
woman pls text me back
aya lee

aya:
goddammit boss
shut up and just get your
ass to the office now
i will get there later

jk:
surprisingly you
know how to reply
a text
where are you

aya:
in your heart :))

jk:
that's lame. come on
now, what did you do
with that man?

aya:
you're so
annoying. stop
texting me i'm busy
at the moment.
and what, you
gonna cut down my
salary???
TRY ME BO$S

jk:
u're lucky that i
like you.
😽

aya:
oh please.

"did something good happen sir?" mr ji's question wake him up from the thought. jungkook shake his head. "nah, it's aya finally text me back."

"you never look that happy," mr ji mumbled. but it's loud enough for the young boss to hear it.

"wow really?"

-

"oh my god wonwoo, thank you so much for helping me." aya said, hands dramatically on her chest.

actually this morning, she got a call from the orphanage that she grew up in, telling her that some company gonna buy the land that originally belongs to the house but the system is shitty as hell. anyway technically, if they buy that land, the kids in there got nowhere to go.

moreover, as they currently didn't have any lawyer to help, they got no choice but to call aya. and wonwoo is helping her out because he used to help aya with the orphanage activities before— when she worked with him.

and he somehow got a lot of share to offer, (he's rich and probably the only one who knows about the orphanage) and things kind of settled in there.

"nah i'm happy to help," he said. "do you want me to drop you at the office? you come with a taxi, right?"

"ah yeah. some asshole blocked the parking line but— is it okay for you? aren't you busy?"

"it's an off day, let's go." he suddenly grab her hand to the car, which is opposite of the road. aya laughed nervously at the sudden contact.

"there's no need for this," she said, looking at their hands.

"i'm doing this so i didn't lose you in the middle of the road." he squeeze her hand a bit.

"euw i'm not a kid?"

"yes, you are."

+a/n:
aya's sister happened to be an older girl who grow up with her in the same orphanage. and yes, it's jeon wonwoo that emo kid from seventeen :') he's so cute i cri

anyway thank you for all the lovely comments you people ❤❤❤ i hope you like this chapter :))