😢💭

sans p.o.v.

i finished shooting at one of the amalgamates, when mk yelled. "Hold on dude!" -is he talking to me? - i turned around quickly and saw him staring at the end of the edge. he frankly looked everywhere, and then turned again his gaze to the bottom. one amalgamate threw a rock near him, making the rocks close to him collapse. "No!" he yelled again. -what? - i widened my eyes and runned next to him. i saw a small and familiar figure making its way towards the lava, i saw her calm expression. then she turned to face the lava, i caught her with my magic before she fell into the river. more amalgamates tried to hit us, but i blocked their attacks with a wall of bones. using my magic, she floated towards us, slowly. she felt limp, but i think she had gone unconscious.

"hey, mk" i said while taking (y/n) out of my magic. he hums, "stay nearby, alright?". i turned to him and he nodded.

"Put me down" i looked over to (y/n) who meekly tried to free from my embrace. her eyes were glossy, full of tears, and her voice was very low, almost inaudible. i helped her to her feet.

"k guys... i'm going to make a ball of bones, so stay near." i said, they nodded. i lifted my hand and made a ball of bones surrounding us. "one" i started. "two" i looked to the amalgamates "three! now!" i yelled. we started running as fast as we could, i held the ball with us at all times. many amalgamates tried to rip it, but the bones pierced on their bodies. their glitchy screams ringed inside my skull, and attacking the ball with their fire rocks. mk looked at them and was losing his speed. "mk! don't look at them!" i yelled at him he snapped out of it and faced forward. we runned until we reached an intersection, the amalgamates tried to grab the ball with their huge claws, but the bones pierced them, some roared in pain and others didn't care and continued. "here!" i yelled and pointed towards the left, they nodded and we runned again we turned again to the right returning to the first intersection and then we went to the other path. we reached an elevator, i clicked it open and we step inside. the elevator starts moving just when the amalgamates found us, it moves up and then to the side. -huh.. weird... i pressed the top one...-

it soon opens, we go out and mk runs away. i glance to (y/n) who refuses to meet my gaze, she was panting from all that running, her eyes keep that glossy look, and she hung her head low. i cleared my throat and spoke "um... how was the fight?" i asked rather casually. she just looked at me for a second and returned to her past state. -what's going on her mind?-

(J) Tell him! it was james, he sounded almost demanding, but he had a little respect, sadness and kindness mixed.

Tell him what, huh? (y/n)... she sounded, so broken, even more broken than i had heard her before.

(A)W-we know... but he doesn't... I-I-I think he's going to understand... like you said before! Right guys? annie said with her voice full of hope, just like always...

(L) Yeah! I mean... it isn't a big deal, or it is? reassurance... he doesn't believe even in his own words; then why does he try?

Leave me alone guys... there's nothing you can do about it... not even him. she knew that... but refuses to show it even inside her head. Besides we have to continue forward and reach Mettaton's place, and then we have to capture that goddamn thing before any more innocent monsters die! SO PLEASE, HUSH IT GUYS! she shoved past me, but not too aggressive, she knew that i listened to their conversation, and she just wanted to stay away from anybody... i know that feeling. but even if you try, there'll always be somebody around willing to offer their hand, and when i say always, i mean ALWAYS.

i followed her, she stomped with her arms closed, huffing and grunting occasionally. we reached one of my hotland stations, i teleported behind it and waved her over. she just stared at me for a while and turned her gaze towards the ground while walking over. "hey... ya hungry?" i asked. she glanced at me and nodded meekly. "'k one 'cat coming up" i said while making up her 'cat, she looked at me with curiosity, i couldn't help but smile more. i finished and had it to her. "bone-apetit" i winked. she smiled faintly, poked the small ears of the 'cat and started eating it. seeing her eat, made me think... i wonder how her life was at the surface, she had never talked about it, but i guess it was fine... right? i bet that there were many things that she liked, along with things she hated. but, hey! that's normal, even here... some hate snowdin because it's cold, others waterfall because they can't touch water, and others hotland... well because it hot as hell. literally.