👤

sans' p.o.v.

after our small race, (y/n) started to wonder around the marsh, touching each echo flower she found, hearing the passing conversations. she looked amazed at the way monsters thought.

Do all monsters think the same way?

"how?" the question was difficult to resolve, what does she meant by that?

Negative, hopeless, full of despair and... hate towards humans...

her expression was a mix of concern and hurt, if i told her the truth? -i think she would feel even worse, let's just mix truth with lies- "n-no! j-just a few of them have those awful feelings towards humans. you see... you've already made friends with some monsters, papyrus, grillby, monster kid, nice cream man, snowman, the guy next to my station, the bunny people, the dog pack, the bears, that weird looking horse in grillby'z, that drunk bunny, and the mouth monster behind her, uh... the ones that you met at the ruins... which i don't even know who they were or how many... and me" i said giving her my shiniest smile. "the only one i know is that flower who tried to kill us just moments ago" she smiled and stood, going to the waterfall next to the echoflowers. one in particular caught my attention, one pale, twitching echoflower. it looked like it was... glitched? then a dark and familiar voice talked.

"D O N ' T F O R G E T A B O U T ME" i turned and saw "him". standing in his black coat, looking directly towards (y/n), who was in front of him. "G R E E T I N G S, H U M A N" his voice send chills down my spine.

"(y/n), please stay behind me" she froze at the tall figure that stood in front of her, taller than my brother. she didn't move, i called her again, not even a flinch. i moved her quickly with my magic just seconds before he could snatch her. she reacted and hid behind my back peeking from my shoulder. "what do you want" i snapped at him. he chuckled darkly.

"Y O U K N O W W H A T I W A N T" then he surrounded (y/n) with gray mist, and took her beside him. she struggled but to no avail, he had a strong magic. he chuckled and caressed her check with his hand. "S H E C O U L D B E U S E F U L"

"S-a...ns! H...e-l...p!" (y/n) tried to yell, her throat was still recovering, and making weird noises very time she was able to say something clearly.

"let her go!" i yelled at him with evident fury in my voice. my left eye felt warm, letting me know my powers where ready to be used.

"S U R E, Y O U C A N H A V E H E R, J U S T A F T E R I H A D A Q U I R E D H E R S O U L" (y/n) stared at him for a second and continued struggling even harder, with bloodshot eyes.

i closed my eyes and summoned five blasters, aiming directly at him, and one behind him. i made the first five fire while the one at his back took (y/n) inside its mouth floating quickly behind me leaving her on the floor carefully. i turned and saw that he didn't have a single scratch. i threw bones at him, just for them to phase through his body. he grinned wickedly, and disappeared. then i was suddenly thrown to a wall, with a cracking sound on my head. he tried to grab (y/n) again, i moved the blaster that took her earlier, and did the same. now she didn't came out of its mouth, i was relieved she knew how to control the blaster. i summoned another one next to her, so she can use it to attack. "nnnnggghhh" i stood rubbing the back of my head. i summoned more blasters while (y/n) attacked him with hers, i aimed once again, and shoot. a loud creaking sound was all i received along with a cloud of white dust. i heard a rough cough at the distance, i neared carefully at the source of the sound. (y/n) was on top of something white and hard, coughing in a very bad way. she moved to her sides everything she was on top. as she was moving them, i realized they were pieces of my blasters. i summoned a last blaster to look around for any signs of him, i barely paid attention to it. then i crouched next to (y/n) and held her tightly while rubbing her back. "are you okay?" she stayed silent, i broke the embrace and grabbed her shoulders. her (eye/c) eyes, looking directly into mines, they looked beautiful. "heh, hey... kiddo? are you okay?" she nodded and moved my head with her hand, she traced something in the back of my head, i moved my hand there too. it felt pointy, and sharp. (y/n) just stared at me with a worried expression. "i-is there something w-wrong?" she didn't say anything. "uh... (y/n)? i-is everything alright?"

"Y-ea...h" she said barely clearly.

i held a finger on her mouth. "you shouldn't be talking right now, just talk to me like you did before, okay?"

"Ca-n't" she said pointing to her ear and then to me.

"what do you mean?"

"Yo-u..." she pointed to her ear "c-c-ca-n't"

"you tried?" she nodded "huh, i see. okay then, is there something wrong on my head?" she nodded. "is there something broken?" she nodded and took me next to the waterfall. she moved my skull to the side and i saw some parts of my skull threatening to fall over. my blaster returned, and that was when i saw it clearly, it was small, incredibly small. i've never made such a small blaster, i made it disappear and summoned another one using all my strength. the blaster i summoned was as small, a chihuahua's skull size. usually mines are twice as big as me, that guy must have broken my skull and damaged part of my magic powers.

"Y-ou, n-ee...d t-" I cut her off with a hug.

i caressed her back and shushed her "i really appreciate your effort to talk, but please... you are the one who needs to rest. i know a place, we can go if you like" she nodded, we broke the hug and walked side by side through waterfall.

------------------

"hey (y/n), wanna try my telescope? this is a premium model, the newest dr. alphys' invention. it usually cost an eye socket to use this, but since i know you, you can use it for free. wanna try it?" i said to her containing my laughter, (y/n) had a confused look, but peeked anyways. (y/n) moved the telescope side to side, then she quited looking and gave me a very confused look, she didn't notice the big circle around her eye.

"I want to try!" the garlic like monster came.

"sure" i helped him with a small stool, he peeked.

"I can't see anything"

"move it, maybe is just the angle" i moved the telescope for him.

"still nothing!" he quited and looked at me. he also had the big circle around his eye. he stood besides (y/n) and looked at her.

mk came running and fell just in front of us. "looks like he's falling for you, (y/n). hahahaha" (y/n) tried not to laugh, and helped mk to his feet. "hey kid, wanna try this premium telescope?" mk looked at (y/n) and the other monster.

No one's P.O.V.

"Yeah dude!" MK peeked "Woah dude! I see a white face just like yours!" MK yelled.

"w-wait, what?" Sans said confused "let me see" MK moved and Sans peeked. "where is it kid? i don't see anything!" Sans quited and looked at MK's try-not-to-laugh face. You and the small monsters laughed at Sans. "what's so funny?" Sans said confused. Then he realized he fell into his own prank and started laughing along with the now black circled eye gang.