Chapter 17 - Pain (Pt. 2)

A.N - That new story was somehow even worse than this and you'll neve see it.

A.N - So I started a new story, fun. It's called ??? I'll give it a proper name later.

Rin's PoV

So I guess they finally decided to break the news about the kid's death. Yukio told the cram class about it, I didn't really care, though. Seems like Yukio noticed my lack of interest and decided to talk to me about it after class.

"Why aren't you reacting, aren't you surprised?" He asked.

"Death doesn't surprise me.I had to decide whether people lived or died, how can it." I casually responded, not wanting to give away the fact that I killed him.

"But it was a student! Not a demon."

"What difference does it make? Death happens, you can't be surprised by everyone, or else you wouldn't be able to live."

He looked at me with the most disturbed look.

"How can you say that!"

"Again, I've had to make the decision of life or death. If I let every decision get to me, I'd be insane." That wasn't a lie.

I got up and left with Yukio left staring at my back. There was a heavy air in the hallway. The news of the kid's death left everyone worried about their own lives. I wouldn't be surprised if some students dropped out.
____________________
While I was eating dinner Yukio came into the kitchen.

"What do you want?" I grumbled.

"It's just that... I'm sorry. I didn't think about what they made you do in Gehenna."

Oh, yeah. He still thinks they tortured me in Gehenna. I was forced to kill, though. To prove to Father I was strong enough to do what he wanted of me.

"It's ok," I replied, not knowing where he was going with this. Neither do I

"I wonder what killed him. The demon that the students reported got into the school didn't seem to be a high class one."

"If it got into the school it must've been strong."

"I suppose,"

Yukio left leaving me with my thoughts.

Why did I kill him? I was mad because he thought every demon should die. But isn't that what I'm thinking of the exorcists? But there are exorcists like Shiemi, the ones who only harm demons when they are in danger. Those types of exorcists are only protecting their friends. I wish demons and humans could just get along, it would be so much easier. I don't want to carry out my mission. If I told father all of the exorcists' weaknesses he would kill all of them. Maybe, if it's his dream to get humans and demons to live in peace, I can reason with him. If we kill most of the exorcists it will basically start a war, that is the opposite of peace between us.

"Amaimon, I want to go back to Gehenna."

A.n I'm sorry if this chapter took awhile to get out. And I feel like this story will be coming to a close soon. I have the basic idea of what will happen soo yeah.