Chapter 14 - Why Do Lies Exist?

A.N - I remember this God-forsaken chapter and I know how bad it was.

This is going to be short, just a chapter on character feelings. I think I'm also going to update this weekend, though.

Yukio's PoV

Since Rin started True Cross Academy she's become more, I don't know, social. When we first met she was in her own little world, she wouldn't talk to anyone and always avoided me. Never showed her emotions. Now she's hanging out with Shiemi and some of the other students.

She often cooks for me, like the old days. It makes me think about what would it would have been like if she wasn't taken to Gehenna.

We were sitting at the table when she asked me what I thought of her.

"Hey, Yukio?" She said.

I've been getting close to Yukio so I guess now is a good time to ask.

"Yeah," I responded.

"Did you always know that- that I was a demon?"

Out of all the questions, she chose this one. I decided to give the most simple answer I could.

"Yes,"

"Then, what did you think of me. If you knew I was Satan's daughter."

I've suspected that he's known, that's why I'm not mad.

"I always cared for you."

You liar! You never cared for me, stop lying!

"Why- Why do you lie. Why do you need to lie..."

"Lie? Why would I lie about something like that? Rin, you are my sister. Demon or not that doesn't change the fact that I care about you. Do you know how much I've regretted telling you that I hated you, I was so worried about you, about what was happening to you in Gehenna. I never meant for you to be tortured. I never wanted you to have to go through that."

He can't care about me. Why, why, why must he do this to me. Everything that I thought while I was in Gehenna, was what Satan told me just a lie. I'm so tired of getting lied to!

At that moment Rin started to tear up.

"Rin..."

I never knew a demon could cry.

Good thing Amaimon is upstairs. I shouldn't be crying, but I can't help it. Is what I'm doing wrong. What I've been raised to do, is it just a lie?

I went to hug her, she didn't stop me. She always stops me. What is going through her head right now?

She eventually stopped crying.

"Rin, what's wrong?"

"Everything they forced into my head, is it all wrong? All I had was your last words, that's all I had to guess on what you truly thought of me. I thought you hated me. I'm just so tired of being lied to!"

"I would never hate you. But, I understand."

"I'm going to go get ready,"

She left the table and went upstairs. She was in class but was quieter than usual.

Hopefully, she realizes that I will be there for her. I want us to be like we used to, understanding each other.