Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part V

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part V] ||

--

Oriko, having already been awake for half an hour, decided that she couldn’t really be bothered with waiting at her house for 09:30 to roll around and took a walk around Konoha, deliberately taking a winding path along deserted streets in an attempt to avoid Iruka – or anyone else for that matter.  Her walk was very relaxing, and the early morning light, accompanied by the light chatter of others who were awake, provided Konoha with a relaxing atmosphere. 

Checking the time, and seeing that she needed to begin heading in the direction of the Hokage’s office, she wondered what sort of mission they’d be sent on, she hoped that it would be much more interesting than some of the previous missions of rebuilding fences or walking dogs (a particular species of animal which she hated).  Eventually, the Hokage’s office was close by, just around the corner, in fact and her feet carried her the remaining few meters and as the building came into view, as did her sensei.

“Kakashi? You’re here on time? How rare,” She commented, walking right up to him, as he lifted his weight right off the railing he was leaning against and turning to face her,

“Oriko? You’re a little late, now that’s rare,” He returned, the smile evident in his voice, as she averted her eyes slightly, and bit down on her lip to control her smile,

“Aren’t we supposed to go and see the Hokage?”

“Indeed,” Kakashi turned to walk into the building as she followed, easily matching his pace now used to his leisurely, if not lazy, gait.  As he knocked on the door, Tsunade’s voice made itself know, beckoning them inside, as they both entered and noticed another team, one of their number she recognized as Izumi; Kakashi and Oriko stood side by side in front of the Hokage,

“Ah, Kakashi, Oriko you’re here at last,” Tsunade commented, shooting the Jounin a look of displeasure, obviously blaming him for their tardiness;

“My apologies, Hokage-sama,” Oriko couldn’t resist flashing her eyes to him and meeting his gaze in the process, allowing her eyes to show her amusement at the situation.

“Anyway, you are all here reporting for missions; however I’ve decided to change the formula slightly, Team Kakashi will join Team Ebisu for this mission,” All pairs of eyes, bar the two team leaders and Tsunade’s widened in surprise,

“What? We don’t need any help,” One of the boys on the other team exclaimed, folding his arms over his chest,

“Quiet, Asano,” Ebisu silenced his Genin,

“As I was saying, you will be sent on a high level C rank mission, as I’ve been informed that you collectively have enough skill to handle it, and I think everyone would benefit from the change in status quo.” She finished, eyeing the group carefully, Oriko looking uncomfortable at the prospect, while the Genin under Ebisu looked disgruntled – sensing the Hokage wasn’t too pleased with them.

“Now, your mission will be to escort a young trainee priest to the most southerly border of the Fire country where it meets the Tea Country.  This mission will take you some days and you will be subject to attacks from bandits – although it’s unlikely you’ll find trouble from shinobi, although it is possible if they’re unaffiliated with any village or group. 

"However, there’s enough skill between you to fend off the worst; your client is still completing his mid-morning prayers in preparation for the coming journey, so you will have time to make preparations for a long trip, before meeting him at the east gates in twenty minutes. Dismissed.”