Chapter 25

2 months later

Content. Delight. Joy.

They were all feelings that couldn't envelope her a couple of months back. She had missed being truly happy for a while, without any uninvited interruptions of worry and fear breaking through here and there.

Hyeri stood in front of her large full length mirror holding a peach short dress pressed on her front, smiling enthusiastically at the pretty skirt that decorated the outfit.

She couldn't wait to see Jungkook.

It was such a quick start of friendship that Hyeri had to sometimes stop and think how in the world she had ended up meeting him. Although she had to think about that many times, the furtive memory would somehow escape from her brain.

And that was not the only thing she had to think about. As if it was meant to happen, her heart fluttered unintentionally every time he looked at her with an adorable eye smile plastered on his candid face. She would always look away and mentally punch herself, leaving a clueless Jungkook beside her.

But that was nothing compared to what she felt at school whilst watching thirsty girls tailing him like lost souls, drooling over his apparently attractive back. She couldn't argue with that, though.

To say she felt jealous was a literal understatement; she absolutely refused to admit the outraged chaos flooding her chest.

But it would dissipate completely and turn into waves of contentment as soon as his eyes would meet hers, sending invisible beams of lightning that would strike her heart and have a grip on her mind, ordering her to move closer to him, both physically and emotionally.

Just like the day he confessed to her.

As if it was a race, he had confessed to her first on a clear Saturday evening, his heartbeat increasing its rhythmic pulse at the same time as hers, although she had thought she was the happiest girl alive in that moment.

She didn't care that the confession took place under a cherry blossom tree, nor did she care that she needed to go home soon, what mattered were the golden, almost trembling, words that left his precious lips.

And of course, the world seemed to have stopped for Hyeri, allowing her to hug the strength out of him, her being too ecstatic to care about the people passing by questioningly.

About a month ticked by since then, and Hyeri was still standing in front of her mirror wearing her peach dress and black flats.
She gave up thinking about changing the dress and bolted downstairs after grabbing her purse and phone, not daring to look back and change her mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa approached Hyeri soundlessly before grabbing her arm and joyfully swinging her around, which made Hyeri almost jump out of her skin.

"Hyeri I'm so happyyy!!" Lisa giggled as she kept swinging Hyeri's arm.

"Mhm, now let go of my arm so I can be happy too."

The merry walk towards their local cafeteria brought infinite stories about Lisa's boyfriend, Mingyu.

From shy glances to loving eye contact; from stuttering half-sentences to sweet morning kisses; from 'accidental' skin contact to warm hugs. The sudden contrast made Hyeri laugh, but she was glad they had started dating.

They looked like two pieces of puzzle fit together, just like how she felt whenever she was with Jungkook.

"Funny how Mingyu confessed first," Lisa chirped. "Let the guys do all the work. All I had to do was accept."

"You're taking it so lightly," Hyeri shook her head.

"Didn't you take it lightly, too? Remember when you kept saying confessing is easy? Why didn't you confess to Jungkook straight away then?"

True. Hyeri remembered saying that to her countless times, never realising that the tables had somehow turned.

She suddenly felt an arm wrap around her shoulders and a pair of lips pressed against her right cheek.

"Hi."

She smiled at the velvety voice next to her ear, blushing at the small skinship.

"Yah, Jungkook! I thought Mingyu was with you?" Came Lisa's voice, breaking their mesmerising moment.

"Oh, he's there," he pointed at the figure approaching them from the opposite side of the road.

Hyeri watched Lisa run towards him, arms spread out as he caught her in a tight hug.

"So obsessed with him," Jungkook stated shaking his head, catching Hyeri's attention away from them. She cupped his soft cheeks and pulled him towards her for a short kiss.

"And I am obsessed with you."

The sun brightly expanded its raging rays, smiling down at the 4 figures roaming around like goofy children.

It may have been weird to have first met Jungkook come out of an egg shell, but Hyeri was still glad that destiny was being generous for once.

---- THE END ----