Chapter 10

They both walked back, well, one of them flied back, to Hyeri's room, and Hyeri can't help but think that probably Jungkook secretly owns the house.
She snorted at the thought, which Jungkook ignored and kept flying until he landed smoothly on Hyeri's bed. He placed the ring on the soft surface of the bed and his wings started glowing from light blue to yellow.

"It's a quick spell, since it's just about knowing someone's current location," he informed her, starting to wrap his little fingers around the object.
Suddenly, the ring started glowing, along with his hands, then Jungkook himself...and slowly she saw everything around her glowing so brightly she had to cover her eyes.

Is it supposed to turn out like that?

She didn't know, but what she did know was that energy started flowing out of her body like severe battery drainage, and the next thing she saw was darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------------

She woke up by the bright light the sun was emanating onto her face, pain aching in her neck and head. She squinted her eyes at the the brightness, and groaned as pain shot from the back of her neck to her shoulders as she raised her head from the hard, cold floor.

She looked around, confused as to why she had slept on the floor, until memories from that early morning flooded her brain and made her widen her eyes.

Did it work?

What happened?

Where is Jungkook?

She stood up holding her pained neck and looked towards her bed, finding tiny Jungkook lying unconscious on his stomach with his arms and legs spread out, the ring a few inches away from him.

"..." She placed one knee on the bed and bent forward to poke on the little body.

He slowly opened his eyes at the first poke, then quickly widened them as he sprang up, accusingly looking down at the ring.

"It didn't work," the fairy stated, a silent gasp leaving Hyeri's parted lips.

"But-" Hyeri couldn't finish her sentence as she heard footsteps from the stairs.
She gasped loudly as her mother's face appeared at the doorway.

"Hyeri c-"

"Where were you?!" She almost shouted and ran towards her mum, hugging her tightly. The woman stood frozen on her spot wearing a clueless and confused expression, unable to say anything about her daughter's unexplainable behaviour.

"What do you mean?" Was all she could ask. Hyeri looked up at her as if she was insane.

"What do you mean what do you mean? You were not home when I woke up from my nap,"

"Huh? I was, I saw you sleeping so I didn't wake you up and cooked dinner for you so you could eat when you wake up. When did you wake up?"

"Around late 2... But you were not sleeping in your room, I didn't see you there!" Hyeri started turning frustrated at the confusing conversation.

"What are you talking about...I sleep in my room like always. You must have not seen me because you were probably still half asleep. Now let's get you ready for school, or you'll be late." Her mum closed the conversation with a simple wave and left the room, leaving a horrified Hyeri alone.

What just happened?

She quickly turned around, completely forgotten about Jungkook.
He, as swift as he was, disappeared to hide behind the curtains of her window when her mum appeared.

He carefully came out of his hideout, his expression mirroring Hyeri's.

"Are we seeing things?" Jungkook spoke what Hyeri had been thinking. Her mind was still glued to the conversation she just had with her mum.

"I don't understand. I'm 100% sure she was no where in her room. Not even downstairs, when I had to go drink water."

Jungkook mentally shrugged and sighed. "I don't know. At least the matter is not that serious."

Hyeri looked at the time.

7:20.

True. It was not that serious. But why couldn't she shrug it off like Jungkook did?