Chapter 22

Hyeri felt lucky to have met a person like Mr Yoon. He was polite and caring like any other gentleman. It was somewhat easy to be introduced into his luscious life, and she thought that perhaps it'd be easier to find the cure, perhaps his help will dissipate the worry off her chest, perhaps-

"And that, I have no idea," said Mr Yoon's uncertain voice after bringing up a conversation about the cure. "I have never heard of anyone being transformed into another being before, this is one of the rarest curses you could think of."

Jungkook gulped nervously. He was quietly seated on his uncle's shoulder, his hands tightly clasped together. Miss Myo apparently overcame Mr Yoon's expectations when it came to powerful magic.

But what Hyeri couldn't understand was how it was almost impossible to even guess the remedy of the curse. She thought about it even when she went home afterwards, where it was empty and quiet, just like how she felt right then.

Misun had told her they'd just have to go with the flow and wait...but for what? And what flow? There was no plan and everyone was clueless. Yet, she felt like what she needed was right under her nose.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe it is better if we see her," Misun said before sipping her juice and looking at Mina next to her, silently waiting for her opinion.

"Mm..." Mina mumbled more to herself than her sister. Hyeri was seated in front of them and Jungkook was wandering off in the empty classroom.

Lunchtime was the only time during school that gave them enough time to gather around and think things through, although it would have sounded dull to Hyeri a couple of months back, but she had noticed that this kind of experience was making her more mature.

"But then she could do something to him again-"

"But didn't you say that she can't do anything to him anymore since she had already casted a curse on him?" Hyeri spoke up as the twins eyed her at the same time.

"Well remembered. Even I forgot," Misun laughed. "True. So I guess we can see her."

"But what do we say? It'll be so awkward," Mina asked as she furrowed her brows at Misun. Hyeri tried to remember the last time she'd seen the headmistress, immediately cringing at the thought. At the park.

After the lies she'd told her, Hyeri started to feel uneasy and embarrassed at the thought that Miss Myo knew everything, all along. The click of the door made her jump out of her skin.

"I think they're-, oh! There you are! She's been looking for you guys!" Lisa's voice appeared at the doorway, smiling at the girls briefly before turning her heels and running away, as if she smelled trouble in the room and didn't want to be part of it.

And as if the angels of destiny were listening to them, a familiar pair of red heels appeared before Miss Myo's intimidating eyes met theirs.

"I've heard some people wanted me," her firm voice was enough to make Hyeri shiver and want to hide from her. Jungkook then appeared from the small bookshelf at the corner of the room, flying closer to his sisters.

Hyeri watched Miss Myo's eyes follow the little form with disgust written on her face. "Should have expected you here," she spat with venom on her tongue.

"Don't talk to him like that," Mina said after gathering up courage.

"He'll never go back to being human, anyway," she smirked, pride flashing. "You're all too helpless to know the reverse spell."

"What makes you say that? What would you do if we do find out?" Misun asked, trying to keep control and not burst in anger.

"Nothing, but I seriously doubt you'd find it. This is not a children's story where everything ends well."

"Children's story..." Mina whispered, then turned to Hyeri with the biggest eyes she'd ever seen. "Oh my God...you have no idea what I just remembered."