Chapter 19

"What? Seriously? What?" Hyeri's alarmed eyes darted from Mina to Jungkook. It felt like more and more heavy blocks of iron are added on top of her head for each drastic revelation. "Miss Myo?!"

"Yeah...it's just an alias, so her real name is Miss Jeon." Mina said with a blank face. Hyeri looked at Jungkook, who looked back at her with the same expression. He had guessed right.

"So...does she know Jungkook is close by?" Hyeri asked, fear enveloping the words.

"Maybe...but I really don't know." Mina fidgeted with a packet of crisps.
Hyeri then turned horrified as she remembered seeing Miss Myo in the park she recently went to with Jungkook.

"Oh my god....she saw us." She breathed out, her eyes focused on blank space. "I remember her telling me that she knew who I was talking to.'

"What?! Okay, wait. She seems too chill about this. I'm quite sure that by now she'd send him somewhere very far away. Unless," Mina stopped as she furrowed her brows in thought.

"Unless?" Jungkook spoke as he flied towards Mina and settled next to her thigh.

"Unless...the cure, or the reverse spell, is a very complicated one. One which she's sure we'd be unable to work out easily."

"And the longer it'll take us to figure out, the quicker it'll take to change her mind about me still staying here. Probably." Jungkook said.

"What do we do now then? How are we going to find the cure in such a short time?" Hyeri questioned.

"I don't know...I really don't know." He stuttered, his remaining hopes starting to drain. "But will it matter whether I turn back to human? What if she turns me again?"

"Jungkook, remember that she won't be able to do anything to you since she already casted a powerful spell on you," Mina reminded him, then turned to Hyeri with a smile. "That is one of the advantages of performing magic: once you already casted a very strong spell on a person, no spell will work on them after that."

"Oh, but...why?" Hyeri asked in curiosity.

"To make the use of magic fair. We're people, not toys. To be honest, I think we shouldn't even be allowed to cast any spells on people." Mina said as she opened the packet of crisps. "Thanks for these, by the way."

"No problem." Hyeri's mind was drifting in the clouds, thinking about why she was the chosen one to help wizards out. She was contemplating whether it was a blessing or a punishment. If it was punishment, it was a beautiful punishment. Almost.

The room turned quiet as the three munched on the snacks, each of them stuck in their own world.

"So aren't you going to do anything about your mother?" Hyeri asked, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Of course. All these years I've just stayed quiet, but I think it's time I need to do something. I'll get my uncle somehow, he's been away for a while, and he has no idea what kind of person she is. You know, two faced people." Mina said, her lips twisting in disgust.

"I never knew she worked in a school. Is this why she's barely at home?" Jungkook whispered, his hands holding a giant cookie.

"Yeah. Wow, she didn't even tell you that? What does she tell you?" Mina frowned in disbelief.

"At least she let me go to school and practice magic. And live under the same roof as her." He mumbled under his breath.

"Don't worry, I'll tell uncle everything and I'm sure he'll report her to the Council. It'll take time though, god knows when he'll come back here, and he needs proof of the matter, too. And the cure..."

"Hopefully, we'll find a way. There's always a way to the solution." Hyeri said positively, smiling at both of them.