Chapter 5

Hyeri was getting ready to go to bed meanwhile little Jungkook was flying around her room, curiously poking things that caught his eye.

"Don't touch that!" She tried not to shout so her mum wouldn't hear her and wonder who she was going to sleep with.
She couldn't wait to go to bed so she could have time to think and tidy up the mess in her brain after that long afternoon.
Jungkook was acting careless again, as if none of the painful experiences had scarred him.

"Ohh look, I have a new friend," she saw him hugging the little teddy bear of around his height sitting on her bedside table. She chuckled at how cute and tiny he looked with the teddy bear.

"You're going to sleep in my drawer," Hyeri ordered him, switching the table lamp on. "Like how I did with the egg."
Jungkook stopped playing with the teddy's arm and looked up at her with big, almost teary eyes. "R-really? Am I not going to sleep in a comfortable bed?"

Hyeri wanted to smack herself and let him sleep on her bed, but she didn't want to risk getting caught by her mum. She'd probably throw him out the window at first sight. Hyeri shivered at the horrendous thought and patted his small head with her fingers, comforting him:

"I'll make a bed for you with my fluffy scarf like I did for the egg, so you'll stay warm overnight,"

"OK!" He leaned in at her soft touch, releasing a small yawn that made Hyeri want to squish him for looking so cute.
After tucking him inside the top drawer, she left it slightly open so the air wouldn't feel suffocating for him, and switched the lamp off, tucking herself into her bed and thought about how she was going to handle him from then on.

-------------------------------------------------------------

She felt a small poke on her cheek. She groaned and brushed whatever it was off her cheek, hearing a light thump on her pillow afterwards. Being half awake, she ignored it, not caring about what it was that even dared trying to wake her up.

"Hyeri! It's time to wake up! Hurryyy before you get late for school!" Jungkook semi-yelled at her, flying around her face and poking her anywhere to wake her up.

"Mmmm....stop..." She tried to grab him with her eyes still closed, but Jungkook saw it coming and dodged, flying upwards. He looked down her furrowing his dark brows, trying to think of a way to get her up already.
He snapped his little fingers, and a small white feather appeared on his hand. He flied closer to her face and tickled her neck with it, expecting her to jump straight away.

But she didn't.

He frowned and flied to the other side, tickling the back of her ear with the feather. She still didn't react to it. But he did not give up, so he started tickling her with his fingers, still facing a dead Hyeri.

He assumed she was not ticklish when she's sleeping.
He sighed heavily, tired of doing so much movement for a giant human, and flied himself up so he could be above her face. He then started flying lazily around her face, his wings glowing into light blue and sprinkling water.

Hyeri choked and gasped, her eyes opening wide enough for her to be awake.

"What the hell!" She ended up squeaking in the last part, realising her mum could be awake.

"What? You were like a dead animal just a while ago! How do you usually wake up?" Jungkook's wings stopped glowing and sprinkling water.

"I have an alarm..." She looked at her alarm clock on her bedside table, and was almost going to scream as soon as her eyes landed on the hands. "SHIT! I'm going to be late! Why didn't the alarm go off?"

"Oh, I turned it off since I woke up earlier," Jungkook said casually. "And I've been trying to wake you up for a very long time."

"Well, now you know that alarms are better than you at waking me up!" She mentally shot daggers at him before running off to the bathroom.

And that was just the start of their journey together.