Chapter 15

Hyeri looked up at the incredibly majestic trees, her mind whirling at the sight of them towering over her like intimidating guards. For some odd reasons, they reminded her of Jungkook's mother; his brief description of her ungracious character created images of a rather vulgar woman in Hyeri's head.

She felt Jungkook peek outside from her pocket, pushing his little head out up to his nose.

"I thought we were here for fresh air..." He quietly commented as he curiously looked around at the giant people walking past them.

"Not yet, I'm looking for a quiet place." Hyeri said as she walked past another pile of trees.
She'd finally found a quiet area far from the front entrance of the park, finding herself a bench to sit on.

Jungkook then freed himself and started flying around the trees like a bird that just learned how to fly.
Hyeri took a deep breath and pushed her long hair behind her shoulders, partially enjoying the winter air.

"Make sure no one sees you." She said loud enough for him to hear. She suddenly started getting a bad feeling; shivers running down her spine, she carefully looked around her, finding no one in particular looking at them.

She shrugged the unwanted feeling off, thinking it was just fear of exposing Jungkook in a public area.

"Hyeri! This duck is chasing meeeee!" She turned her head to find a frightened fairy being chased by a big duck, almost flying towards him. She took a quick glance at her surroundings before picking up a pebble and throwing it close to the duck, trying not to hit it.

The duck quacked harshly in fear and ran away from them, leaving Hyeri cheering for her effort.

"I told you to be careful, what if someone saw you?" Hyeri said as Jungkook neared her with a terrified expression.

"No one did..." He said as he sat on Hyeri's clothed thigh.
A few seconds of silence went by, when suddenly Jungkook snapped his head up like an alarmed wolf.

"Someone's here," he whispered as he crawled up Hyeri's backback to hide himself. Hyeri frowned and looked around, but was not able to catch anyone.

A scrunch on a branch behind her made her turn around, widening her eyes in absolute surprise.

The woman stood motionless like a statue, her hands tucked in the pockets of her long, beige coat. Her dark hair was swept up in a loose bun, with strands of hair flying around by the chilly breeze. Her grey eyes held a powerful yet calming gaze, almost threatenening Hyeri in her position.

But Hyeri cringed at the sight, not wanting to even see anyone like her outside of school.

Miss Myo's right brow was raised, as if silently asking Hyeri the dreadful question she didn't want to be asked.

"Who were you talking to just now?" The headmistress asked with a pointed voice. Hyeri's stomach churned, and she contemplated whether to just walk away or to stay politely for her own good.

She gulped and prepared herself to say what she always have wanted to say to people who keep asking her irrelevant questions.

"I apologize for the disrespect but...it is none of your business." She finally said, her hands sweating.

"Oh?" The woman said, folding her arms on her chest. "Well, don't you have an attitude outside of school?"
Hyeri closed her eyes, impatience and annoyance claiming their positions in her brain.

"I'm sorry." She said as she got up from the bench, grabbing her backpack with her insanely sweaty hand.

"I know who you've been talking to." Was what she'd last heard from the woman, but she did not stop as she quickly walked away from her.

Please, please, please, please tell me she said that just to scare me.