Chapter 11

Lisa spotted Hyeri in the crowd, being carried away from the human wave in the school corridor.

"Hyer- ah!" Someone elbowed her in the hip, and another stepped on her toes. She grunted painfully as she tried to overcome the inhuman force by pushing past the loud students. She forcefully grabbed Hyeri's arm, making her yelp in pain, and tried to break free from another foot on top of hers.

After they have saved themselves from the chaos and made sure they were safe in an isolated classroom, they both released a huge groan.

"Why does it always have to be like that every morning!?"

"Why do they shout so loudly!?"

"Why can't they take another corridor!?"

"Can't they elbow someone else instead of me!?"

Their vent to their annoyance came to a halt, and they looked up at each other, laughing at their appearance. Lisa's messy ponytail and Hyeri's loosened tie were enough to describe their school mornings.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was lunchtime, another worst moment of the school day where tornadoes of human beings destroyed the area in the cafeteria.
Hyeri stayed back as she watched Lisa blend into the line of students, or hungry animals, trying to push past other hungry animals for the food.

She cringed at the sight and selected a table to sit at and eat lunch comfortably.
Half of the hall was constellated with tables, with a few students dotting the place, busy chattering about.

She then remembered Jungkook, who finally wanted to stay home for further research on fairies.

God, I told him the information will be useless.

Suddenly, she saw Lisa's body blocking her view.

"Oh? That was quick," Hyeri commented.

"I know, there was some small fight in the line and people got distracted, so I took the chance." Lisa said happily as she placed her sandwich and drink on the table.

"Hm, how's your Mingyu?" Hyeri asked nonchalantly. Lisa looked up at her with wide eyes, surprised she'd asked about him.

"He's...beautiful, as always," Lisa blushed at the thought of the boy. "Say...do you think I should confess my feelings to him?"

"No," Hyeri spat sarcastically. "You should just wait till another girl gets him before you, and then confess."

"It's not easy though," Lisa pouted. "You don't know how it feels like! You need to like someone and then tell me whether you'd confess to him right away, I'll wait."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hyeri kicked a small pebble out of her way, softly huffing in frustration. She still couldn't stop thinking about what happened with her mum that morning. She huffed again, angry at herself for worrying again about such a small matter, but she couldn't get rid of the thought.

She unlocked the door of her house, holding the keys tightly in her hand, and headed towards the stairs.
She opened her room's door, and it took her two full seconds to understand what was going on, her heart dropping at the sight.

Her room was...a mess?

She didn't know herself if it was messy, but she knew she was standing in the middle of a...beautiful mess.
There was a big tree with purple leaves that caressed the ceiling in the far corner of her room, and a broken piano in the other corner.

Her hypnotised gaze dropped to the floor, where some colourful balloons floated from one place to another, pushed by the soft breeze coming from the gothic looking opened window. The frame was no longer pale white, but dim black, with precise patterns imprinted on the surface.

What...

She knew it was Jungkook's doing, and searching for him was definitely the only way to know the reason.
She saw the purple leaves rustle, and the fairy sprang out from them as if being released from a tight grip.

"Hi..."