*Chapter 76*

[Avie's POV]

Its been 2 weeks. Its gotten so boring around here. Melinda's the only fun thing about it all.

Thankfully, I've heard nothing from the voices in my head.

Joselyn and I woke up and started to get ready for the day.

I brushed my hair when Melinda walked in. She looked paler than usual, and the bags under her eyes getting bigger.

"Melinda, are you alright??" I asked, worried. Joselyn looked up from braiding her hair and was shocked at seeing Melinda.

"Y-Yes, I am. No need to worry," she coughed.

"Look, take a rest. You don't look so good," I said.

Joselyn and I help her sit on on bed.

"I'll get some help," Joselyn said.

I stayed by Melinda's side as Joselyn ran out the room.

"Miss, a question?" I asked.

"Anything, honey," she said.

"Why didn't you ever retire??" I asked. "You should be resting, right?"

Even nurses have asked that.

She just shrugged. "Sometimes, no matter what, its good to put even a small bit of energy into something you love to do. I love helping people who need someone, like you."

I gave a small smile when suddenly she gave a nasty cough.

"Don't ever think about finishing your life, Avie. Always find a way to write a new chapter in your life until you can't," she said weakly. "My story may be coming to an end very soon."

I started getting scared. "W-What do you mean??"

"I-I'll say hello to your family for you, Avie," she smiled before she swayed and fell over, but I caught her as we fell to the floor.

"Melinda??" I said, shaking her as tears streamed down my face. "Melinda?!"

Nothing.

"NO!!! NO, PLEASE!!! DON'T LEAVE ME, PLEASE, I DON'T WANT TO LOOSE ANYMORE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE, PLEASE, MELINDA!!!! DON'T GO!!!!!" I screamed.

I feel footsteps as I clutched to the unconscious nurse I've became so close with before I was torn away fro. her.

"NO, PLEASE!!!" I sobbed as someone held me in their arms. It was a thin body, and I hear Joselyn's breaking voice as she tried to comfort me.

"Shh, just don't look, Avie," she said. "Stay calm."

I sobbed uncontrollably, hearing as paramedics put Melinda on a stretcher and wheeled her away.

I was then pulled into another set of arms before being lied down, coughing and choking on my tears as a nurse carefully injected a sedative into me and I soon fall asleep.

Please let this all be a nightmare.

~~~~~

I swear, writing this was a bit hard for me, since I kept having memory flashes I really don't want to bring up or talk about. Let's just say, it was hard. I'm glad I didn't cry, because I would have been a wreck right now if I did burst into tears.