*Chapter 07*

[Tony's POV]

This wasn't just any regular cuts.

It was deep cuts shaped into words, burns, needle points, bruises, scratches and... My god, are those dog bites?!

All in one arm.

I take the other arm and roll up the sleeve and remove the bandages. It was the same.

Words like Freak or Worthless, Stupid, or Ugly, or Not Good Enough carved into her pale skin.

What the hell does this girl go through?!

"A-Avie.... Why??" I asked.

She sniffles and looks down in shame.

It all makes sense. Why she flinched or winced in pain when someone made physical contact with her... It all made sense.

"I... I can't say," she sobbed.

"You can tell me," I said, holding her hand.

She hesitated for a while, but then she spoke.

She told me how her parents divorced, but the family remained happy. She then told me how her and her brother were attack one night and he got shot. How her parents committed suicide, then she was sent to an abusive foster home, and her past with Suicide Watch, psychiatric hospitals, and rehab.

She even showed me the scars and injuries on her abdomen. She was way too thin.

Poor Avie. She's gone through so much, its not even a joke.

I couldn't help but just wrap my arms around her as she cried.

"It's okay, Avie. I'm here," I said.

[Avie's POV]

I told Tony everything. I didn't want to, but he would have kept asking.

Right when I thought he hated me, he wrapped his arms around me and started to comfort me.

He hugged me as he rubbed my back.

"It will get better. You got to be strong," he said.

I felt happy in his arms, like i could be like this with him forever. But...

Why was he hugging me? I'm just another fan. A worthless fan he may never see again. A fan who has a bad life, but not as bad as other fans he meets. I'm nothing special, so why should he care?

To him, i'm just another face he greets before leaving, repeating the same 'Stay Strong' and You are worth it' lies.

I place my hands on his chest and gently push him away gently, stepping away from his warm embrace.

The look on his face showed both confusion and hurt. Believe me, it hurt me, too.

"Avie?" Tony asked.

"Why are you wasting your time with me? Nothing you can say can help me, Tony. I'm just a lost cause," I said blankly.

"That's no-" he said, before i held my hand up to stop him, and then turning around, my back facing him as i leaned my head on a nearby post.

"Its never easy wearing a fake smile. The more you wear it, the more you feel like you're going insane. And then, one day, you just snap. Everyday i wake up, everyday i see that my heart is beating, i feel like i'm commiting the biggest sin ever in living," i admitted. "And all I want to do is break down on the ground and cry and cry until i just tear blood. I deserve to die," i said, muttering the last sentence under my breath so he wouldn't hear.

By now, tears were streaking down my face.

"I know its hard, but you can't take it on yourself. You are not to blame," Tony said.

"Then who is??" Ever sicne I lost my family, life has never been easy!! Its as if i was made to suffer as a kid!!" I snapped as i turned to face him.

But then i relax myself and sigh.

"Then again, I'm nothing special. Just another person with no guts to stand up for myself or even a bit of confidence. Nothing but an empty shelf. Nobody cares about me," i said.

"But i care," Tony said, sounding full honest. "And i want to help you."

I then notice tears beginning to form in his eyes. Oh god, i'm making him cry now! What is wrong with me!?

"You shouldn't care, Tony. I'm just another fan, so why should you?" i said, turning around again, trying not to see the sadness in his face.

"Just forget you ever met me, Tony Perry. You're life will be much easier if you do," i said, beginning to walk away, then breaking into a run after taking three steps forward.

"WAIT!!" Tony called out after me, but i kept running, not even looking back, as i ran out the venue.