Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part II

Start from the beginning

“Uh…well fine really, just the usual…gruelling, but quite fun, I suppose,” She looked at him with a slightly confused expression, but she hoped that she was living up to expectations; she’d been working hard, but had no idea what ‘good progress’ was, and liked to think that she was at least making a good impression on Kakashi…

But then again, she’d lost so badly the last time she’d fought him, that he probably believed her to be a pathetic student…she didn’t really want to admit it, but for some reason, it was important to her that she made a good impression on Kakashi.  Her ambition, after all, was to become an exceptional shinobi and the mix of lots of physical exercise in the morning, and mental exercise in the afternoon suited her perfectly, having always believed that the mix of both, in equal proportions, was the key to a truly healthy body, mind and spirit.

“U-Uh, O-Oriko?” The shy voice of Izumi broke her thought train, “Are you alright?”

“Hmm? Yes, I’m fine, sorry about that,” He smiled again and left to bring her back her food and he set it on the table,

“Thank you, Izumi,” She said as a clear sign to tell him to leave her alone, for the time being, that she hoped wasn’t too rude. She placed some of the meat on the barbeque set into the table in front of her, trying to ignore her worry over her performance and focus on her strategy for beating Kakashi later today.  She’d been practicing with her new jutsu and was looking forward to testing her ability to put it to use in battle. All too soon, the hour was near its end and Oriko rose to her feet, paying the bill and saying goodbye to Izumi before she left the shop, she allowed her walk to be a slow and peaceful one, ignoring the apprehension.

Just as she predicted, Oriko was first back to the training grounds and began to warm her body up, and allow her full stomach to get used to being jerked around.  Silently hoping that she wouldn’t throw up or something…that really wouldn’t make a good impression.  Eventually after some twenty minutes of gently warming up, Kakashi made his presence known to her,

“Ready?”

“Yea, I guess so,”

“Good, remember you must come at me with the intent to kill, or you’ll have no chance of winning,”

“Yea, I know,” She responded, remembering his advice from the last time they sparred, hoping that this time the outcome would be better than last time, it will be! I know more jutsus, and one in particular he doesn’t know I’m capable of! She thought in determination,

“Ok~! Begin!” He exclaimed and Oriko followed her set from last time, darting off into the tree line to observe him for a few moments, before sending a kage bunshin to keep him busy while she set up her trap. The kage bunshin leapt out of the tree with a kunai and smoke bomb in hand as it landed on the ground near to Kakashi but out of his field of vision, before leaping again into the air as he threw a shuriken in her direction, his attention still focused on his book.  Although she dodged the kunai with ease, she sent another one straight down towards him, followed up by the smoke bomb and finally her outstretched foot.

Although Kakashi was wise to her attempt, he took hold of the kunai aimed at him as well as grabbing a hold of her ankle before swinging her around and throwing her into a nearby tree whilst sending the kunai after her, already aware that he was dealing with a kage bunshin.  Kakashi felt tempted to engage his sharingan but knew that she should still be no match for her and he would have too much of advantage…not to mention that she wasn’t aware of what one was or that he had a sharingan in his possession.

It was no doubt something best left for another day. Oriko, on the other hand, the real one, was busy setting a few shuriken and kunai traps, as well as planning exactly when to spring her new jutsu.  Finally having gotten her preparations ready, she formed a kage bunshin and sent it in one direction to find Kakashi hoping that he would end up in the middle and she could effectively double-team him with herself.