Chapter 54

"What are you doing here, you traitor!" I yelled at Montwik, who looked back at me, confused. "What are you even talking about?" he asked back. "C'mon, the Kenjah told us about your great plan. Quit acting." I replied. "I don't know what you're talking about. What do you mean by traitor?" he asked me, with a puzzled look on his face. "YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" I yelled. Everyone around had risen up and were silent. "Well, let me just lock you up in there and let you people squabble amongst yourselves." the Kenjah said, giving a sinister smile. The Kenjah's guards open the cells and throw Montwik's team inside along with us. "Is everyone alright?" Holder asked the soldiers who just walked in. All of them nodded their heads in unison and sat down where they were from exhaustion. 

"What were you talking about back there, Rithvik?" Montwik asked, walking towards me. "You know very well what I'm talking about. You betraying us and siding with the Kenjah." I replied, with a look of disgust on my face. "You're shitting me. I did no such thing. Who planted that idea into your head?" He asked back. "The Kenjah told it himself, Montwik. Stop pretending. We know you work for him." I said. Reneesh and Holder walked towards us and stood next to me. "You should have known it by now, Rithvik. The Kenjah is just messing with your head. Trying to rip us apart from the beginning. This is just one of his wonderful plans to tear us apart." He replied. "And how do we trust you now?" Reneesh asked, before I could open my mouth. "Considering all the times I've helped you out, and more importantly this war we're fighting, in which your race is at stake. We are in this together, guys. You have to trust me! And honestly, you don't have another choice." He said. He then turned around, scanning the room as if he was searching for someone and asked "Where the hell is Profus?" "He is on their side. He was one of guys, you being another, who helped the Kenjah know about our plans. You must have known it, right?" I replied. "Oh my god, he is with the Kenjah? And I don't care if you trust me right now or not. And there is one thing the both of us agree upon now, we need to get out of here as soon as possible." He said. I couldn't argue with him on that one. It was true. Holder has disappeared and I caught him talking with Gofr on the other side of the room. visibly talking about something important. "How many days till the D-day?" I asked him. "One day. We sent out a message to the ships to come into this universe if they don't here from us when the sun explodes. The radiation and the particles emitted would be strong and harmful enough to wreck the ships. But there is one problem, once they enter this universe, the Kenjah will know if he already doesn't. And he can use those ships as leverage against us." He said. "And how are we doing. We missed out a lot of fun I guess." I asked. "It's a tough battle. The Kenjah's army was ready for us. Both sides have suffered severe losses." He replied. "You made it sound like it was a cake walk with that weapon we had." I replied. "The weapon was successful in wiping out our enemies in the beginning, but it took some severe damage when the enemy jets pounded it with ammo. People are working round the clock to get it back online. The war has moved onto the planet too. There are two thousand soldiers as of when I left fighting on the ground and more are en route as we speak. We have tried keeping the war as far away possible from the civilians but we plan on taking over the palace over the next few hours. Take out the base, and the people above will not be getting orders, chaos rules and we will take them out." He replied. "Back to the important question, how the hell do we get out of here?" I asked him. "You guys still have those guns I secretly gave you?" He asked me, with a little spark of hope in his eyes. "Oh yes we do. But, I almost forgot, we have bigger problems to deal with." I said, referring to Konrad and Anna. Just then Holder walked into the conversation, with a smile on his face. "I believe we have some good news. I mean, it's not GOOD good, but it sure is something useful." He said. "And what is that?" I asked him. "Remember the device I told Gofr's team built? They have it with them, right now." He said. "What device? The only device I know they built recently is the one which detects if someone has the chip in them through which their bodies would be taken into control by the Kenjah's men." He said, confused again. "Yes, that is the device we were talking about." Holder replied. "But what do you need that for? Unless... shit!" He exclaimed. "I'm guessing you already guessed what happened." I said, looking at him as his expression turned worried. "Well get it then!" I said, my heart racing as I was anxious on what I would find out. "Hold on, cowboy. You haven't heard the whole thing yet. There is just one problem, the machine is in there." He said, pointing to a bag which was lying on the ground, outside the cell near the four guards guarding us now, two more than the number of guards guarding us a while ago. "So we need to get from here to there, which also means we have to figure out a way to get out of the holding cell." Montwik said. "That's right. And we don't have a clue on how we are going to do that. We've been thinking about that for a very long time. No results." Holder said. "I think I can help you with that." Montwik said, turning towards us. "Wait, I thought we did not trust Montwik." Reneesh asked. "And I'm guessing we don't have a choice." Holder said. I nodded my head at Holder. "Alright, tell us your plan." I said to Montwik.

"Holder doesn't know that the two of you here, Rithvik and Reneesh have concealed weapons which I learnt were not confiscated. Well, he knows now. And all the soldiers who came along with me hid weapons cleverly so that no amount of frisking could reveal them. So that means we have about twenty two guns in here plus the pair of those wicked looking knives Reneesh is carrying." Montwik said. Holder interrupted him. "How come these weapons Reneesh and Rithvik have were not confiscated?" He asked. "Because the Kenjah thought Profus knew everything about the mission including the number of weapons each one of us has been carrying and Profus thought he did too, that lying backstabber. But he did not know about the weapons I gave personally to Reneesh, Rithvik and Souvik myself. I started having my doubts about Profus ever since the Jack incident and I gave this to them as a precaution. And I'm glad I did it. And also, I was not a fool to not guess that something was wrong when you did not broadcast your message when we asked you to. It is not like Holder to forget things especially when he is on a mission as important as this one is and thus, we brought weapons here ourselves." Montwik replied. "Now that we have the weapons, what is the next part of your plan?" I asked Montwik, not seeing what we would do with these weapons without getting that cell door open. "Gofr comes to the rescue again. We guessed you guys were locked up. So, we brought a device, which is like a glove. You wear it on your palm and it vibrates at a certain frequency which allows you to just phase through solid objects, in this case the door. And as a matter of fact, the digital key to this cell, is with that first guard with red hair right there." Montwik said, pointing to a guard sitting on the floor. "Your whole body just phases through?" Reneesh asked him, surprised. "The whole body. But it can only be used once. If you get caught and killed, it's done. Our one chance of getting out of here will be gone. But we have to make sure Konrad and Anna don't get a whiff of this until the minute we're doing it. Just taking some precautions. If they have what you think they have inside of them, we are screwed." Montwik replied. "Alright, where is the device? Don't tell me it's in that bag cause it defeats the whole point of it." Reneesh said. "Don't be stupid, Reneesh. I'm not a fool to keep something that important in a bag. It is here right with me." Gofr replied, pulling out a weird kind of glove with complicated circuits running all around it. 

"Who is going to be the one to phase through the bars?" I asked Montwik. "Well, I think I should take this one myself." He replied, taking the glove from Gofr. 

***

Thanks for reading this chapter! 

Vote if you like it and constructive criticism is always appreciated!

-Rithvik/LPS21